Carbon Fiber Saleen T1 race spoiler

Reaction score
As some of you may know i will be buying a Saleen T1 spoiler for the Mare to help with down force, as well as to continue my rare/unique SN95 parts collection for my car. Since i currently have a CF Saleen S281 spoiler (to be sold to 1994stangfan) i refuse to get another spoiler/wing/diffuser and have it not be CF as i am continuing with a theme.

I will be purchasing the T1 maybe end October time and Thomas_W and i will be collabing on this project (or so at least i believe). Although im a fan of one off/very few supply parts to have that set the car somewhat apart...What i want to know is since Thomas is a fvcking pro at skinning/molding and the sort since he will be making the mold for the T1 and there isnt a point to toss it; who would be interested in getting one made? All questions should be directed towards him, im just the one buying the part for the mold and having a good buddy here on the site hook it up. im all for this being a piece for myself, but if others want in and Thomas is down for some extra cash.. hey, lets all up our TITS LEGIT factors.

and dont worry... [MENTION=10830]MustangChris[/MENTION] will get one out of cardboard since he wants one

wmfateam

Reaction score
The all mighty end price will decide if I am a yay or nay. Have been wanting to get a Griggs or T1 for the last couple months.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
The all mighty end price will decide if I am a yay or nay. Have been wanting to get a Griggs or T1 for the last couple months.

well im buying the t1 regardless. if Thomas actually makes the mold and i get a full CF T1 i wont mind selling you the fiberglass one i "bought" for the mold. 300 sounds good. 560ish for it unpainted in fiberglass which is what im paying in about a month or so

wmfateam

Reaction score
8e07ce27ad0b9d7384489bc453c8ab18.jpg

codfod

Reaction score
Interested to see where this turns out price wise, I bought my fiberglass one for 440 iirc

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Based on the shape and size of the thing, it shouldnt be much more than a Fiberglass version for a CF version, . Unless you want an ultra-lightweight version or some crazy cool combination of fabrics (i've got a source for colored fiberglass/CF and kevlar/CF woven fabrics).

RedTwilight

Reaction score
I'd be down for one if I didn't already have a carbon spoiler of a different variety on order. Good luck with everything to both of you!
Thomas does awesome work!

I have been wanting to design and mold my own spoiler for some time. One that is sort of a cross between the S281 and the Shinoda Boss spoiler. But I took the lazy route and just ordered an already race proven piece.

RedTwilight

Reaction score
The shinoda spoilers are awesome! Wish the po of mine wouldnt of taken it off.

I've still got the one I purchased several years ago and never installed. Was thinking of putting it on, but have changed plans to use a different spoiler that rhymes with Briggs BR-40.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
man I think he is almost working for free by the time you add up the price of the mold/wing materials.

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
man I think he is almost working for free by the time you add up the price of the mold/wing materials.

Lol well I'm gonna pay Thomas for his work. We're gonna discuss that at a later time. all I'm saying is he's gonna have the mold left over and why not make some money from it if people on the site want one

Thomas_W

Reaction score

In the quantities i buy materials in, the mold actually wont be all that expensive. $300-350 at most. But i buy 5-10 Gallons of epoxy at a time and 50-100 yards of glass cloth as well, typically in 3 different weights and weaves.

The materials for the actual wing are far more expensive as i import most of them from Germany, but even with that, the CF i use is still significantly cheaper than getting it stateside.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Just one more CF item to add to the list of things to mold. I'm going to so my own wheel tubs when i minitub my car.

RedTwilight

Reaction score
Oh boy.....let me know if you ever wanna sell

I'll keep you in mind if I decide to sell it. Though shipping might be a bit of a pain unless you plan to be around V.I.R. or even go to Mustang Week. But secretly I'm dreaming of building another SN in the future to use it on. Probably will never happen though. LOL

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
What are you going to do regarding mounting hardware? Will studs be molded into the wing with bracing/support?

Id be down for one depending on price of course

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online