Carbon Fiber Saleen T1 race spoiler

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
MustangChris;[URL="tel:1410577" said:
1410577[/URL]]FYI: I will pay a premium to ensure that the mounting system is adequate. These were designed to provide incredible downforce -- not as much as the ricer double-wing (this was an after thought, if I remember correctly, after the double-wing was banned from competition), but a crap-ton nonetheless.

That being said, the genuine saleen S281 wings have studs into the fiberglass and they've been known to fail. Considering how much these T1s are going to cost and how hard they are to fine. I dont give a shit if its $450.00 instead of $400.00 to ensure that it's got strong mounting. I'd rather spend the extra $50.00 for you o build them for durability than an extra $400.00 on a new one just to use it for car shows because it cant stand up to the job....

What this man said

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Well the good news is, we have found two properties that we are highly interested in. I'm going tomorrow to pay off one last issue on my Credit report that is screwing us, so hopefully within in the next 2 to 3 weeks we will be able to put an offer down on one of the properties. Im guessing we will be in a house around the first of the year.

As for mounting and strength, Since these will be essentially one offs, it'll be easy to add aditional material or exotic materials if the owner wishes. I've got some CF/Kevlar woven fabric that looks phenomenal!

Thomas_W

Reaction score
We are waiting to close on a a house! That Should happen the first or second week of Feb if all goes as planned.

I'll need to do some insulating to the basement garage (my shop) so things are getting closer to making it happen.

With how my job is, i average around 9-10 days off a month. It'll take longer than anticapted to make the molds and actual parts with so few days off. That said, if all goes as planned, molds should be done by summer and the first T1's out shortly after that.

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
We are waiting to close on a a house! That Should happen the first or second week of Feb if all goes as planned.

I'll need to do some insulating to the basement garage (my shop) so things are getting closer to making it happen.

With how my job is, i average around 9-10 days off a month. It'll take longer than anticapted to make the molds and actual parts with so few days off. That said, if all goes as planned, molds should be done by summer and the first T1's out shortly after that.

Awhhhh yissssss

Thomas_W

Reaction score
The appraisal on the house went well. Already built up $10k in equity (sort of). So now its just a matter of waiting until Feb. 16th (ish) for closing :)

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Yea ita pretty ridiculous how much of a hassle and how long it takes. There is also the amount of money you need that no one tells you about until its time to pay up. Lol

at this point we are 4 weeks into a 45 day closing with 3 1/2 weeks left.

wmfateam

Reaction score
T1 along with some other goodies for the Mare will be bought this month
Are you buying the T1 from Chicane 23 or Competition Performance? I bought mine from CP and it showed up in like 3 days, me being in AZ and them being in Cali.

wmfateam

Reaction score
First time hearing of CP. Might buy from them then
A member on here gave me his email and it turned out to be the same company that makes the wide body kit I have. http://g-stream.com/wide body.html That is the comapny. If you email him he can tell you if he has any more in stock and get you a shipped price. Mine came out to be cheaper than Chicane 23 and arrived stat.

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
A member on here gave me his email and it turned out to be the same company that makes the wide body kit I have. http://g-stream.com/wide body.html That is the comapny. If you email him he can tell you if he has any more in stock and get you a shipped price. Mine came out to be cheaper than Chicane 23 and arrived stat.

Pm for pricing details?

codfod

Reaction score

Awe yay you got it! When you planning on getting it on?

codfod

Reaction score
HA! Current schedule has me test fitting sometime in April. When maybe the cage is done.

Gotcha, should line up perfectly. I was worried about having it sit directly on the trunk so I used some double sided 3M tape in between which made lining everything up harder but still was fine.

codfod

Reaction score
These sound like horror stories i do and dont want to hear...

Nothing too bad lol, I was just worried about the paint so I wanted to have a buffer between the spoiler and trunk. Just made it a pain in the ass, would stick every time I wanted to move it. I definitely recommend buying it from G-Stream instead of Chicane though, the owner Dave is a super nice guy. Likely going to be cheaper too, you could even pick it up if you plan on being in SoCal anytime soon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar