Carbon Fiber Saleen T1 race spoiler

1994stangfan

Reaction score
Everyte this thread gets bumped my heart does a little skip beat :) these t1's are going to be sexy level infinity

Thomas_W

Reaction score
So for those who may want something a little more wild... there are

Carbon Fiber and Colored Fiberglass Hybrids:

DF0C5F09-0A49-4966-8F94-F3BFF2B4A294_zpsvq5ouq31.jpg

Carbon Fiber and Glow in the Dark Fiberglass (the green/black at the far right of the above picture):

Honeycomb pattern:

09adb17d7ce9824e75ee835a626a4df9.jpg

Triaxial spread tow:

triaxial-carbon-fiber-fabric-1.jpg

Rhombus Pattern:

labrynth-carbon-fiber-fabric.jpg

Spread Tow:
C59218x4.jpg

Carbon Fiber and Kevlar:

1065_2_popup.jpg

WARNING!!!

some of these specialty fabrics can approach $400 Per square yard or more, labor will also increase disproportionately as well due to the extreme sensitivity to weave distortion during handling and the increase in labor because of it.

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Can't remember if it's been said but any plans to make just plain fiberglass versions that are a little cheaper? I'm planning to paint it body color anyways

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Can't remember if it's been said but any plans to make just plain fiberglass versions that are a little cheaper? I'm planning to paint it body color anyways

No mention of it yet as no one has expressed interest in it. A fiberglass one could be done, but the price likely wont be substantially cheaper bc the labor, core materials and infusion products make up 90% of the cost. Then i would have to completely Re-engineer the layup schedule to ensure the thing doesnt rip off at speed due to the differences in fabric strengths, the Fiberglass one would likely be a few pounds heavier, and even then it may likely need Carbon fiber in areas to create a structurally sound structure. Fiber laminates are pretty cheap compared to the rest of the materials, The infusion materials alone are more than a conventional twill woven CF cloth needed for the wing.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Just throwing this out there but a purchase has been made...

We close on March 3rd. The wife and I celebrate our 30th (hers) and 33rdx(mine) birthday on the 5th (yes we have the same birthday), so the house closing comes at an awesome time.

Ive got a BAT (big a$$ table) to work on now, so once we get everything situated upstairs, i can start work downstairs in the garage/basement. March is extremely busy for me with work. So by the time april rolls around and it starts warming up, things should be perfect for getting this ball rolling.

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
We close on March 3rd. The wife and I celebrate our 30th (hers) and 33rdx(mine) birthday on the 5th (yes we have the same birthday), so the house closing comes at an awesome time.

Ive got a BAT (big a$$ table) to work on now, so once we get everything situated upstairs, i can start work downstairs in the garage/basement. March is extremely busy for me with work. So by the time april rolls around and it starts warming up, things should be perfect for getting this ball rolling.

Yesssss

Happy early birthmas!

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
For anyone wondering the T1 has been purchased and is on the Mare currently and Thomas has got his new place! Keep your eyes out for our next update!

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Lol.

The house is HERE! We ended up movin in on saturday and are still unpacking, so far the kitchen is done. Lol
I have been sick since thursday and with all the moving, it hasnt made things any better, but next week on my 3 days off (i leave for a 5 day trip on friday) i plan to load all my garage/shop stuff back up into my enclosed trailer Except for my composite materials, which i will keep out so i can put to use on the T1 spoilers.

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
Not sure if i gave you all an update. I will be sending the T1 to [MENTION=9106]Thomas_W[/MENTION] the first week of November. Im keeping the T1 on the Mare until the end of the race season here in norcal. Then after that they may be available Jan 2018

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online