Carbon Fiber??

black_96gt

Reaction score
ANYONE HERE HAVE A CARBON FIBER HOOD AND OR TRUNK LID? I LOVE THE LOOK, BUT HOW MUCH LIGHTER ARE THESE PARTS? I DON'T WANT TO LOOK LIKE A RICER, BUT IF THE TRUNK LID IS LIGHTER AND LOOKS GOOD WITH MY BLACK CAR... :rockyou: I'M NOT A BIG FAN OF FIBERGLASS STUFF...
THANKS!!

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Cap Lock? you at work?

The trunk is pretty light alreay so you won't save much weight there...i've seen CF hoods and they do look good on black cars but i wouldn't get one just because of the association with being a ricer. Those damn Ricers ruined everything :)

OP
OP
B

black_96gt

Reaction score
Yes, I am at work... Bad day... damn caps lock!! :rant: Its a shame about the trunk and hood.. I might do it anyway, but my buddy said he would but a Mitsubishi Evo badge on my car.. :puke: :slap: Bastard!

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think you can pull it off and not look ricey since your car is black and you don't have a big aluminum wing. What style hood are you thinking about?

OP
OP
B

black_96gt

Reaction score
Stock hood and decklid with the stock wing, I love the way my car looks, plus the drivetrain mods cost alot more!!

LJmagicJJ

Reaction score
ehhh.... i wouldn't do it but thats just me,, do what you want its your car. :banana:

voidfinger

Reaction score
i was thinking for a while about going with the full carbon fiber front end but i didn't have the money lol. i think the contrast would look cool on the car. but thats just me.

voidfinger

Reaction score
i was actually thinking of leaving it the natural c.f. look :drunk:

caseypayne69

Reaction score
I know this thread is old but I saw a carbon fiber trunk lid. It was 50 lbs. GEeez. I can't imagine how much the regular weighs.

voidfinger

Reaction score
haha, it probably was a regular one with carbon fiber layed on it. i can't see the truck lid weighing more than that...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online