Carnauba Wax/Liquid

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I've always just used regular off the shelf waxes and polishes at my local auto stores for cleaning, but have recently been reading up a lot on carnauba waxes and liquids. Does anybody have any preference or recommendations? After doing some research it seems Concours P21S is a great option or Pinnacle Liquid Souveran. Thanks

Sinned83

Reaction score
I have a surplus of paste wax's I love wet obsession and the collonite 845. The liquids are super easy to work with and quicker IMO.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I've always just used regular off the shelf waxes and polishes at my local auto stores for cleaning, but have recently been reading up a lot on carnauba waxes and liquids. Does anybody have any preference or recommendations? After doing some research it seems Concours P21S is a great option or Pinnacle Liquid Souveran. Thanks

THAT SHTUFF IS THE F'N SHTUFF MAN!!! I got a free sample at a show a while back and even though I had just done a wax I tried it out and was AMAZED... Its a super easy on/easy off, but also not super long lasting. It became my going-to-a-show wax as you can honestly do the whole car in an hour or so and be super happy with the results. I might have a little bit left of the free sample if you want to try it.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Thats good to hear man. Thanks a lot, but I really don't mind buying it if you guys are having that good of luck with it I'm sure I will too. Thanks again though, really cool of you to offer!

1994stangfan

Reaction score
Colonite 845 is the easiest longest lasting liquid wax I have ever used and it's pretty cheap. I'm not familiar with the others but they may be even better.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I can put it all together really easily in a story. I got the wax on a saterday at the show and decided to try it on a spot. Now the car has been a fair weather car for a while now that really only got dusty at its worst. When I wiped it away you could see where the wax was as it just looked deeper and darker(on a DFG car). Of course it then bugged me I could see the difference so as much as it annoyed me to be waxing the car again I did it. The next day my club had its meeting at our local arbys at dusk. The sun was just setting and as I pulled in one of the guys came up and asked me when I got the car painted? I chuckled a little and said its all still stock. He looked at me confused and said he thought it was green before but it look black now? I had to take him around to the sunny side to show him in the light it was green. It did such a great job filling in any minor scratches/problems and gave it such a deep luster that another guy was also surprised to hear it was not new paint. I ordered the jar off of ebay the next week.... Like I said its not a long lasting but its super easy on and also is nice that it doesn't collect in decals or satin sections.

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
THAT SHTUFF IS THE F'N SHTUFF MAN!!! I got a free sample at a show a while back and even though I had just done a wax I tried it out and was AMAZED... Its a super easy on/easy off, but also not super long lasting. It became my going-to-a-show wax as you can honestly do the whole car in an hour or so and be super happy with the results. I might have a little bit left of the free sample if you want to try it.

Are you talking about the Concours P21S or the Pinnacle Liquid Souveran?

And I've always used Chemical Guys stuff. I've loved anything from them that I have tried. The last combo I used on my car was Jetseal topped with Butterwet wax

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Carnauba is the way to go! excellent as a final step and leaves a wet look.

I use Poorboy Natty Paste and like the Blue for my darker cars. The Red would be good for you. Our forum detail sponsor can hook you up! [MENTION=10236]Obsessive Detail[/MENTION]

I also like the ClearKote products, particularly the moose wax line.

http://stores.theragshack.com

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Proper full-blown exterior detail as from auto body (detailers might do something different but many many many of them have no clue about paint): Hand wash (I like Chemical Guys Super Bubble or whatever it's called), Meguiars cleaner wax, Meguiars Carnauba paste wax, then Meguiars Sealer 2.0. You're better off working one panel at a time so nothing becomes to tough to come off.

I swear, I don't work for Meguiars. I've simply never had a bad thing to say about their products and I've tried just about everything at the body shops as paint shop guys bring in samples and whatnot.

EDIT: Advice hint - If you're having problems getting the Sealer off, try just getting the removal cloth kind of wet. Soaking it will loosen up the sealer and basically leave the panel looking like you washed it without rinsing it. Just damp.

Sinned83

Reaction score
Carnauba does pop but the sealants are synthetic and will last longer

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yes I have jetseal and a couple of others and used it prior to the carnuba and yes I am talking about the p21s paste. The make 2 versions and I have used them both and they kicked the heck out of anything I got from chemdudes. This wax honestly was the easiest I have ever worked with as easy as it came off and not worrying about decals/satin areas.

Handz

Reaction score
Affiliated with CG or stand-alone?

I am no longer associated with CG. Been developing the line of products for 3 years now with the proper formulas from my years of industry experience. The products are Handmade in California. The quality is unmatched and the results and next level.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Label says "since 1947" and last time I checked handz isn't anywhere near that old. Lol

I do like how they made their label look very similar to McGuires tho......... :)

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010