Cash for Clunkers - or Why Car Salesmen are Morons

adrift

Reaction score
And its back.... CNN's latest headline: Cash for clunkers gets another $2 billion

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It was a success kind of.

They used the money from the "Stimulus Bill" and so far its the only money thats actually stimulating things, so rather than give more money to a bank or to GM directly give it to the people who are paying for it anyway. They should take 5 billion more if Americans want to continue buying cars. At least the dealers can liquidate some old stock and maybe spur some new manufacturing and get some peoples jobs back.

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I 100% agree with with DropTop. At least this money is actually DOING something, unlike most of the other trillions of dollars that Obama has set fire to.

ARdoller

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
its funny that they werent prepared for it. just like every other government funded program.

adrift

Reaction score
ARdoller said:
its funny that they werent prepared for it. just like every other government funded program.

Took em less than a day to get back on track. That isn't so bad...

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ARdoller said:

Well that is too be expected.... sadly. If you work for gov't you can't scratch your ass without getting 14 people to sign off on it first.

project94

Reaction score
i wonder how long its gonna last this time? how quick there gonna run out of money again....i agree tho it is a good way to spend money. it gets people in new cars so it help sales men, the manufacture, and people are getting cars that get better gas mileage

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
I would never get rid of my Mustang. Sure, My, winter beater will eventually get turned into a newer 1/4 ton truck like a ranger/b4000 4x4 or a 2001-era explorer sport, but I like standard too much. If I see a video of a 5.0L mustang getting the sodium silicate treatment, I will cry, it is such a waste. FYI, my car gets on average 18.5mpg vs my brothers 08' GT getting 17mpg, driver makes a difference.

I wish Ford made 2 door SUVs that were 5 spd again though, I would love to trade in that clunker for money towards a new one, but all new SUVs are automatic and ugly :(. Plus, Canada doesnt have the program...

fastgtfairlane

Reaction score
im actually suprised it lasted as long as it did. i just sold my 7th cash for clunker car when we got the notice. i think it will last about 2-3 more weeks before the money is out again.

STR33TR

Reaction score
Glad my tax dollars are helping you guys out! j/k (kinda.) Guess I got my "free money" last year when I had to draw unemployment.
If they really wanted to stimulate the economy, they'd give us all our f'n tax money back!

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I pay plenty of taxes, more than probably most folks on this board - I don't feel a bit guilty about finally getting a little bit back. :grin:

STR33TR

Reaction score
Paul said:
I pay plenty of taxes, more than probably most folks on this board - I don't feel a bit guilty about finally getting a little bit back. :grin:

We all pay way too much in taxes. Like I said, I had to take some of your tax dollars to feed my family last year, but I think we'd all be in better shape if they didn't tax the piss out of us for every facet of our lives.

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
That simple then, don't elect democrats. :grin:

STR33TR

Reaction score
I've been "not voting for Democrats" for years -doesn't seem to be doing much good. F'n Republicans have lost the plot. They wanna run up taxes too, just for different reasons. The only person up there w/ any damn sense is Congressman Ron Paul.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online