Casper the Cobra - Procharged 96' Cobra

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
they don't seal 100% and you can easily over fill been there done it
you must be using the wrong fitting then. I filled mine up and just left it on the car with the car running for 10 mins, popped in the plug and pulled it off and like the name I didn't spill any and it could not be any easier.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
you must be using the wrong fitting then. I filled mine up and just left it on the car with the car running for 10 mins, popped in the plug and pulled it off and like the name I didn't spill any and it could not be any easier.
the funnel I have fits tight and like say I just squeeze the hose and get the air out
it works for me old school me

07GtS197

Reaction score
Op when you refill your refrigerant use those numbers as a guide. The way I do it is by head pressure and discharge temps. I had an issue when I refilled the system on my 87 Grand Marquis after rebuilding the ac and converting to r134a. All is well now. Do yourself a favor and get a decent set of manifold gauges if you are going to do it yourself.

Boostr1

Reaction score
My AFR always sits at 20 at idle, and no matter how we tuned it it wouldn't go down, but it always sat at 11 at WOT. So I dunno.

OP
OP
Venompower

Venompower

Reaction score
My AFR always sits at 20 at idle, and no matter how we tuned it it wouldn't go down, but it always sat at 11 at WOT. So I dunno.
In the past my AFR has typically bounced around the 14's... so when I saw it going up to 17 which is the highest it's ever read it had me thinking that perhaps the fuel filter is becoming more and more clogged or the fuel pump is slowly dying.

I have found very little out on the internet regarding my symptoms, and almost nothing sn95 mod motor specific. The car supposedly sat for about a year before I bought it, and once I got it running I got one good wide open throttle pull that was strong, and then the car sat for another month while I worked on the under dash wiring (turn signal / brake light short to ground, voltage regulator fusible links), no work done to anything that would be related to the issue.

Now it just cuts out at wide open throttle, but drives fine at part throttle. Spark plugs look great, no visible arcing at idle at night, no check engine light or stored or pending codes. This is all pointing towards a fuel issue in my mind.

OP
OP
Venompower

Venompower

Reaction score
So just swapped the fuel filter.... each end could be pulled off by hand once the clips were removed, no need for the harbor freight tool... the old one didn't look to bad actually, the cover was what was rusty. The fuel that came out each end was clear, I couldn't blow through it but I don't know if that really means anything these days. Once I installed the new filter, and checked connections, I turned the key to the on position (3 to 4 times) to prime the system and no leaks under the car at the filter.

I may follow the fuel lines from the filter to the front to make sure nothing is crimped. When I unscrewed the schrader valve on the fuel line to release pressure very little fuel came out when it was depressed. This may be normal as the car has sat for awhile... but I don't think this is the issue. I ordered a new laptop today which should be here next week, then I can get the X4 updated and start doing some data logging so you wizards can tell me what my problem is lol.

Edit: Adding PID’s from my cheap scanner at idle.

MAF: .01 to .03 (lbs/s)
Spark Advance: 16.0 to 19.0
O2B1S1: .955
O2B2S1: .910
SHRTFT B2S2 (%) 99.2
SHRTFT B2S1 0.00
SHRTFT B1S2 N/A
SHRTFT B1S1 0.00

Last edited:
OP
OP
Venompower

Venompower

Reaction score
When you say its been sitting for a while how long do you mean?
Previous owner advised it had sat for about a year prior to my purchasing the car in January. While I have had it, its sat for maybe a month on a trickle charger while its been worked on in between startups and drives.

I’m going to borrow a fuel pressure gauge from the parts Store today to see what pressure I have at idle and with vacuum line removed. If pressure looks good i think I can probably rule out fuel and will have to look elsewhere…

07GtS197

Reaction score
Previous owner advised it had sat for about a year prior to my purchasing the car in January. While I have had it, its sat for maybe a month on a trickle charger while its been worked on in between startups and drives.

I’m going to borrow a fuel pressure gauge from the parts Store today to see what pressure I have at idle and with vacuum line removed. If pressure looks good i think I can probably rule out fuel and will have to look elsewhere…
Good plan. I really meant how long it sat before you pushed in the schrader valve from post 270. It could be a failing pump, leaky fuel injector, fuel regulator or check valve in the pump. Hopefully the gauge will help find your issue.

OP
OP
Venompower

Venompower

Reaction score
Good plan. I really meant how long it sat before you pushed in the schrader valve from post 270. It could be a failing pump, leaky fuel injector, fuel regulator or check valve in the pump. Hopefully the gauge will help find your issue.
It’s sat a week 7/17 till 7/23.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online