Casper the Cobra - Procharged 96' Cobra

joemomma

Reaction score
Not to excuse poor customer service, but they're probably dealing with the same issues everyone else is at this point - no one wants to work. Getting someone with technical expertise/experience in a fairly specialized area is likely a challenge. Heck, we can't even get non-skilled production workers to show up reliably.

OP
OP
Venompower

Venompower

Reaction score
I have gotten terse advice from them once before but I do trust their judgement. Not to berate the topic here but I'd also recommend using the front swaybar and really its weight is almost negligible; you'd have to be on the cutting edge of 60ft times to be worried about that little amount of weight. And for street manners, I couldn't imagine running without one.

If there was attitude present on their part, well, comes down to that person I imagine. MM has too much to lose in the realm of customer word of mouth and they're definitely not in the business of losing business.

BLUF: if you ever deal directly with Jack (the main dude there), he's the kind of tech that you ought to listen to and heed his advice on things. He knows his shit like few other people do
To address the front sway bar, this is not at all a daily driver.... so far this year it's been driven across town to the pool a couple times and once to a cars and coffee and it handled fine. I may look for stock sway bars down the road and undo the front end links on club track days, but it's just not a priority for the type of driving I do.

The main problem isn't that they were terse, but rather they didn't seem to know anything... didn't have opinions about spring rates for a street and 1/4 mile car, vs a road course car... didn't have recommendation about struts, didn't have a recommendation about anything....

Did more research after this, and I'm leaning towards the MM 12" 250 lbs. front coils, with KYB/Koni non-adjustable struts, and MM caster camber plates up front. Strange has a 200 lbs kit that's significantly cheaper, but appears to be a cheaper made kit.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Sounds to me like a call to Kenny Brown might expand your options and insights. Those people are usually a pleasure to work with. I'm not knocking MM either. Maybe just got the wrong dude on the wrong day, didn't get his morning donut or something lol.

Akurma

Reaction score
If you are close to Eastern PA i believe I think still have the front and rear sway bars off of my 99 GT around here somewhere that you can have if you'd like.

I am surprised at their response, when I've dealt with them in the past they were always super helpful/informative. Maybe Cobrajeff is right and you just got the guy who was having a bad day

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I daily my car with no front sway bar, I drive aggressively and I drag race. I’m using 12” 250 lb springs up front. They seem like a good happy medium between everything.

joe65

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, MM recommends a 250lb spring for a street car
i'm currently doing this with mine. 250lb coil over springs in front and some of mm torque arm springs for the back on stock location control arms. I had full coil over suspension on my last GT and it handled great but just too stiff for me. So i'm trying lower rate front springs and stock like springs on the back per MM recommendation.

per your conversation with MM I would email their tech email. Jack Hidley should respond. I would only take his advice after that BS phone call.

OH and by the way, good to see you back online!!

OP
OP
Venompower

Venompower

Reaction score
i'm currently doing this with mine. 250lb coil over springs in front and some of mm torque arm springs for the back on stock location control arms. I had full coil over suspension on my last GT and it handled great but just too stiff for me. So i'm trying lower rate front springs and stock like springs on the back per MM recommendation.

per your conversation with MM I would email their tech email. Jack Hidley should respond. I would only take his advice after that BS phone call.
I had emailed them a week ago with no response which I why I called. I think with your feedback and others, the 12” 250 lbs are the way to go.

New Question: When ordering my new struts, do I need the bushing kit or will that stuff be part of the new coil over kit?

joe65

Reaction score
I had emailed them a week ago with no response which I why I called. I think with your feedback and others, the 12” 250 lbs are the way to go.

New Question: When ordering my new struts, do I need the bushing kit or will that stuff be part of the new coil over kit?
Everything you need comes with the coil over kit. I can send a few pics of mine tonight when I get home for reference.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Sounds to me like a call to Kenny Brown might expand your options and insights. Those people are usually a pleasure to work with. I'm not knocking MM either. Maybe just got the wrong dude on the wrong day, didn't get his morning donut or something lol.

Love Kenny brown great stuff pretty sure I’m going to run their k member . I’m running their matrix subframe connectors and some other stuff . Really nice stuff

joe65

Reaction score
Messed with mine a bit tonight. 49AC6581-F62E-43D9-800F-85F7BA56AEEC.jpeg

Attachments

• A4A89E8B-9BD2-4AB7-A0D1-2180B76D32FB.jpeg
    A4A89E8B-9BD2-4AB7-A0D1-2180B76D32FB.jpeg
    199.2 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
Venompower

Venompower

Reaction score
I think I found my rattle/clunk… still going to get the caster/camber plates… but now I can get some other things taken care of!

OP
OP
Venompower

Venompower

Reaction score
I knew I should have gone through the brakes… the rattle/clunk seemed to becoming from the driver side and sure enough the passenger has the anti rattle brackets. I’m also assuming the pin is missing a washer/c-clip on the back of the rotor. Going to buy a new hardware kit tomorrow.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010