Casper's 95 Build Thread

OP
OP
C

CasperGT

Reaction score
LOL. I was gonna say you have the gt mustang badges, had side exhaust and it sounded like a GT in your video haha

lol 95 50.0 <3 that's my baby. It's really slow right now and idk why. like my acceleration is beyond off? I had a tune up a couple of months ago. I had my tranny rebuilt... idk. This weekend though I am gonna do a smog pump delete and egr delete lol with a tighter belt!!!

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
lol 95 50.0 <3 that's my baby. It's really slow right now and idk why. like my acceleration is beyond off? I had a tune up a couple of months ago. I had my tranny rebuilt... idk. This weekend though I am gonna do a smog pump delete and egr delete lol with a tighter belt!!!

nice haha. there not powerful stock, so im with you. i did full exhaust, longtube headers, cai, bigger maf and it picked up a little bit.. i also have a smog pump delete and egr delete, don't expect any extra power honestly lol. you should replace your PCV Valve, it might be clogged since its like 19 years old lol.

OP
OP
C

CasperGT

Reaction score
nice haha. there not powerful stock, so im with you. i did full exhaust, longtube headers, cai, bigger maf and it picked up a little bit.. i also have a smog pump delete and egr delete, don't expect any extra power honestly lol. you should replace your PCV Valve, it might be clogged since its like 19 years old lol.

idk man. When I drive sometimes the car will stay on the rpm even though I am adding more pressure and then it will kick later. idk what's up with that. but yea my car is stock i just have off-road h-pipe and flow masters... that's it for performance. Then it will be the er and smog pump delete with the 90.2" belt. ALso I already changed my pcv valve because I had a vacuum leak in my car. and I lost to my friends Porsche 944 turbo 220hp lol...

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
So your accelerating and the rpms are just going higher and your not going any faster? Have the trans looked at asap.. My bros fox had the same problem and he needed his tranny rebuilt.

OP
OP
C

CasperGT

Reaction score
So your accelerating and the rpms are just going higher and your not going any faster? Have the trans looked at asap.. My bros fox had the same problem and he needed his tranny rebuilt.

Yes!!! That's the thing though... I already rebuilt the tranny

SVTstang96

Reaction score
This was when I was restoring my mustang and putting the LED's in the car

Before
12331587215_b6fa78105c_z.jpg

Progress
12331534355_4a65a5440e_z.jpg

After
12331712563_1ae9879091_z.jpg

Your interior looks 100x better now! I am glad to have been able to help you restore the interior! Car is looking nice also!

OP
OP
C

CasperGT

Reaction score
Your interior looks 100x better now! I am glad to have been able to help you restore the interior! Car is looking nice also!

I know right! Thank you soooooo much!!! Like you are a life saver lol! I can sell you parts back, but more on that later on. I will talk to you on facebook (Bilal Zahran)

OP
OP
C

CasperGT

Reaction score
That doesn't make sense than.. Does it do it in all gears?? Take a video if you can

Yea I know!!! It's mainly the first gear. I will during the weekend or something. also, "1995 Mustang GT Convertible Automatic w/ 95k miles Hey I have a quick question? Over the weekend I might mess with the idle rpm rang and make it from about 888rpms (about stock) to around 1000-1500 rpms and then the TPS voltage about like 1-1.2 Does anyone know a good range for that? Like for the timing some people want 13s or 15s. P.S. what is a good range for the timing also lol:) thanks!!!" I posted that on facebook, but haven't really gotten good responses...

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Kk lemme know when you get the video up. Idk about the issue your talkin about, make a thread in the 94-95 5.0 section

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Ahhhh.. So you basically wanna raise your idle? Mines set at like 800-900 i think. 1000+ is a little high imo. Idk about the other thing tho

OP
OP
C

CasperGT

Reaction score
Ahhhh.. So you basically wanna raise your idle? Mines set at like 800-900 i think. 1000+ is a little high imo. Idk about the other thing tho

Okay then. I just want to fix that acceleration do you think it might be the tps? or iac?

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Okay then. I just want to fix that acceleration do you think it might be the tps? or iac?

Could be a number of things. When I had an acceleration problem, it would feel like i lost like 40hp and the car couldn't move out of its own way. Also popped thru the exhaust a lot, running lean i guess.. Turns out it was a leaking o ring on an injector.. I replaced the cap and rotor, IAC and ignition coil on mine. car seemed a little smoother but didn't do much for acceleration. Make a thread in the 5.0 section with the exact issues your having and someone will help you figure it out. I don't know much about why it wouldn't accelerate the way it should.

OP
OP
C

CasperGT

Reaction score
Could be a number of things. When I had an acceleration problem, it would feel like i lost like 40hp and the car couldn't move out of its own way. Also popped thru the exhaust a lot, running lean i guess.. Turns out it was a leaking o ring on an injector.. I replaced the cap and rotor, IAC and ignition coil on mine. car seemed a little smoother but didn't do much for acceleration. Make a thread in the 5.0 section with the exact issues your having and someone will help you figure it out. I don't know much about why it wouldn't accelerate the way it should.

Okay I will do that during the weekend because that is when I am gonna be working on the engine. Thank you though!

OP
OP
C

CasperGT

Reaction score
MUUUUCH better! that interior is getting there, huh!

thank you!! lol I am a person that just loves the interior more then the exterior. I plan to do more to the interior. Rear seat deletes, racing seats, and a steering wheel. I want the fr500 :(

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
nice dude. the plan is the way to go. otherwise you just throw money in all sorts of directions. lol.

OP
OP
C

CasperGT

Reaction score
UPDATE 2-9-2014

Well this weekend was a failure for my build. I didn't do anything as I promised I would. Well hopefully next weekend I will get off my a** and do something.

My idea for next week will be:
- egr and smog pump delete
- install 90.2" belt
- carb clean air flow system
- install quick disconnect to battery
- swap in 1/4" nuts to windows
- replace top weatherstrip for convertible (IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO INSTALL THEM OR REMOVE THESE PLEASE TEACH ME OR LINK ME)
- clean interior... again

future ideas:

- remove strut tower
- remove spoiler
- remove rear seats
- new brake rotors and pads
- braided brake lines

OP
OP
C

CasperGT

Reaction score
UPDATE 2-13-2014

I did the 1/4" nut swap for my front two window motors.

12508551205_d26bec31c7_z.jpg

12508547615_471d507321_z.jpg

So basically I took my driver side door apart and I didn't realize that you could take the motor out by itself from where the speaker was at after I took both the motor and regulator out. Then I removed the motor from the regulator which just got even worse. THEN I lost the horse clip to the motor (which hopefully wouldn't be a problem), but then I swapped the plastic glass with the 1/4" nuts and put it together. IT WORKS, but nowwwwww I had to take it to my local mechanic to install the motor to the regulator and then install the motor regulator to the track... and I am going to let him to do the other side without me touching anything.

BIGGEST pain-in-the-a$$ EVER... I hate working with the motor and regulators. They are impossible compared on working with the engine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online