caster camber plates

2broke2gofast

Reaction score
anyone ever had to notch the hood for clearance on the caster camber plates? I did on my 95 not for the strut, but for one of the studs coming up through the tower on the lower plate.

NYC94GT

Reaction score
No, but I guess anything is possible. You sure you are running the proper lower spacer on the strut shaft? This may lower the threaded section of the strut protruding up through the cc plate.

OP
OP

2broke2gofast

Reaction score
the strut rod is clearing, one of the studs that comes throught the from the lower plate is what wasn't clearing the hood.

NYC94GT

Reaction score
2broke2gofast said:
the strut rod is clearing, one of the studs that comes throught the from the lower plate is what wasn't clearing the hood.
If one rod is clearing and the other isn't then somnething is wrong with the install in my opinion. When I installed my coilovers the spacers being that they are made of aluminum they would bind on the strut rod threads. I would check that.

thorco3

Reaction score
some pics of your setup might help...

I have MM 4bolt plates on my car. I had to remove the "nostrils"/vents from my hood and grind down one of the posts it was hitting my c/c plates.
However, I had the exact same setup on my previous stang without any problems. I run mine with two spacers above and below.

OP
OP

2broke2gofast

Reaction score
the strut rod is clearing fine. The plates I'm running are 3 or 4 bolt, I am currently just running 3. There's really no other way to install the plates, as the studs coming from the lower plate come thorugh the factory slots in the strut tower. Since the plates are for 94-04 I fiqure there may me more clearance on the later models. Anyway, I've got it alighned now and the small nothches I had to cut on the underside of the hood arent that noticeable. Thanks for the replies..

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have Steeda CC plates and i just rencetly noticed that the front bolt that sticks up on both sides has been hitting my hood all along, so i just cut about half of it off and now it's fine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.