Cats Or No Cats?

Foster98GT

Reaction score
I saw this post on another forum and thought let me bring this over here. I have a mack catback and hopefully next week ill be getting an OR\H Pipe to use with my stock headers. Part of the reason I'm going with an OR is because of price. Here in Ga they do test for emissions so I'm hoping i van squeak buy with no cats and a set of mil's. Which Do You Prefer?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
they started the E-miss test here in NC this year so I put a legal catted pipe on the Cobra, dont want any problems come inspection time

MAXX RS4

Reaction score
That's the same thing I did.. I got catted h so I didnt have to deal with the headaches here in jersey.

This summer however I'll be moving to PA and hopefully theyre less strict over there. If I can, I'm going to do LT's and o/r h.

Downshift

Reaction score
Just keep your stock mid pipe and put it on when you need to. I have an OR X pipe so when I need to do inspection again I will just pop that thing off they are pretty easy. Its like 200$ cheaper for most of them. And They will flow better. Just my .02

94gtstang50

Reaction score
In Jersey I ran the prochamber (catless) and o/r h, just swapped in the stock h come inspection time. Up here I have prochamber on the gt and the bassani catted x on the snake, no sniffer here though.

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
I'm running
FMS shorty headers
Bassani X with high flow cats
magnaflow mufflers

I love the deep sound this combo produces at idle and the solid indy car scream at WOT. (with non of the hollow sound other combos put out.)

I went with the catted X for three reasons.

1. to keep the low end torque. ( i am willing to sacrafice a few HP's up top for low end torque).
2.eliminate the smell
3. eliminate the kackling and/or popping that is often producec by o/r setups

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online