Catted X pipe AND MIL's??

Hybridbird

Reaction score
How many of you guys that installed a catted X (H) pipe still got a CEL and had to install MIL's anyway?I got mine on yesterday,and made it about 20 miles and got a CEL.Now it's on permanent and I could swear when I jumped on the highway today I could hear pinging.If the CEL is on because of the o2 reading being off,will that make a change in the way the EEC actually operates?I guess I will get to the gettin with the MIL's,but it will be close to a week probably before they get here,I just wanna make sure I'm not gonna funk something up by driving my car in the meantime.Thanx 4 the read fellas. O0

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have an O/R X and my CEL light has been on for like 2 years. My car runs fine, just a little bit rich... I dont know aobut the pinging though :dunno:

S

scarface

I have a catted h pipe and I had to run MILS until I got my tune and had it turned off.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have a catted BBK X and have never had any MIL's............no lights come on either :)

OP
OP
H

Hybridbird

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
I have a catted BBK X and have never had any MIL's............no lights come on either :)
Oh sure,rub it in. ;D

97blackgt

Reaction score
ive had offroad x on for about a year, and i even hooked it up to the sniffer..

at idle it ran fairly clean but the higher RPMS the more HC's came out

but u are safe running a week without the MILS

97_SN95GT

Reaction score
I second what snakbit said. I've gotta BBK catted X and I dont have a CEL.

CCM Power

Reaction score
Catted H-pipe here on my 96 GT and have MILs since the dumb light still came on.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i have longtubes and an O/R H, i have no MILs and run as rich as bill gates...i need a tune bad.

but yeah, its fine to run without the MILs, your gas mileage will go down a bit.

OP
OP
H

Hybridbird

Reaction score
I'll have MIL's on it Monday.I drove all the way Steeda esterday (without calling first DEE DEE DEE) to find out they were out of stock :hammer: But OH MAN was it worth the trip I almost had a need for a clean pair of boxers just walking in to the showroom :eek: :eek: :dancing6: I was like a kid in candy shop and a bull in a china shop all at once.I'll stick those little fockers under there Monday and get rid of the damn CEL for good,it's been on 3 days and it's driving me nuts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online