CC Plates.... help

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
hey uhh well today was a total let down. my dad and i worked on the cc plates alll day today! we didnt manage to finish either side because of the cc plates. we were pretty confused at the point where you had to make it positive or negative camber and how tall to make the strut shaft stick above the shock tower.. if im using sportline springs (claimed 2" drop up front) do we need to make the strut shaft 2" higher than stock? because that is a hugeeeee difference! and is it 2" from the shock tower or 2 inches from the top of the bearing plate?

after lookin at these instruction right now, it looks like its a little easier than what it was. maybe because we were frustrated? pretty hot out today too idk. someone please help though! my car is sittin tonight and tomorrow so i dont get to drive her and i want it good to go tomorrow!

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
well i got some mm c/c plates i need to put on my stang too which i will pry do next weekend. The previous owner put on bbk gripp springs and i noticed the camber was off and when i replaced the old tires you could definately see that it was not right. I am not completely sure of how to do it as i havent tried but according to my instructions you need to measure how it is stock by laying a straight edge across the fender and measure down to the top of the strut shaft then when you put it all together you put the spacers so it is 2" higher, in your case, than it was. Then after its all buttoned up get it to an alignment shop asap.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
well i got some mm c/c plates i need to put on my stang too which i will pry do next weekend. The previous owner put on bbk gripp springs and i noticed the camber was off and when i replaced the old tires you could definately see that it was not right. I am not completely sure of how to do it as i havent tried but according to my instructions you need to measure how it is stock by laying a straight edge across the fender and measure down to the top of the strut shaft then when you put it all together you put the spacers so it is 2" higher, in your case, than it was. Then after its all buttoned up get it to an alignment shop asap.

yeah after taking a break for a few hours, i looked at the instructions and it seems fairly easy. we are going to give it a shot tomorrow after we both get off work and try to finish it up. thanks for the info though, i can use all of what i get. :thumb: keep it coming guys, the more the better :)

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
oh i guess i should have said we figured them out. it was easy as bakin a cake (which actually if youthink about it is pretty hard).. but it was so self explanatory.. i think we were just tired/frustrated at the heat.. we got it dont on monday.. car loooks awesome.. gettin her aligned today after work because i didnt have time yesterday. ;D

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ya, sometimes you get burned out & gotta walk away and think about something else for a while,
when you come back, it usually lines up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online