CC plates

voidfinger

Reaction score
has anyone heard of your cc plates poping when turning hard out of a parking spot or while riding down the road? i have some kind of poping sound coming from the front of my car and i was wondering if you all can throw me some sudjestions. thanks

S

scarface

My buddy had that problem on his Fox with CC plates. It turned out to be a bad bearing inside, and it had to be rebuilt.

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
no i'm running Steeda's CC plates, How do you rebuild them and where can i buy a rebuild kit? thanks

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
so basically i have to buy another set lol. that sucks, i hope that clicking is coming from somewhere else besides the cc plates

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Go MM if you get new one's

sorry for the pita.

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
i don't think it is my ball joints cuz there is not to much play in the wheels when i have it up. only play comes from the stearing gear thing moveing a little. but then again it could be. Most everything on the front end is stock with 132K on them. soooooo, i'm replaceing all the bushings with poly and then i'm going to get the fords version of the x2's and some bump stears. Has anyone heard any negative about the bumpsteer kits. I heard they wear out really fast. ??? an;yone??? o and i just got some new shocks/struts so that might be the case also, since the stockers got 132k and thats with it being lowered 2 to 2 1/2 since day one lol. Is the MM motorsports spherical bushings? and dalamar did you get that last pm i sent about the roush stuff? thanks

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
i don't think it is my ball joints cuz there is not to much play in the wheels when i have it up. only play comes from the stearing gear thing moveing a little. but then again it could be. Most everything on the front end is stock with 132K on them. soooooo, i'm replaceing all the bushings with poly and then i'm going to get the fords version of the x2's and some bump stears. Has anyone heard any negative about the bumpsteer kits. I heard they wear out really fast. ??? an;yone??? o and i just got some new shocks/struts so that might be the case also, since the stockers got 132k and thats with it being lowered 2 to 2 1/2 since day one lol. Is the MM motorsports spherical bushings? and dalamar did you get that last pm i sent about the roush stuff? thanks

It could be the ball joints. I haven't heard anything negative really??
MM or Steeda could answer your questions about the lowering height. I"ve got a bumpsteer on my car.

Yes the MM's are spherical bearings. go 4-bolt, they're strongest.

I replied to your PM. did you not get it?

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
nope i didn't get anything else. I'm refering to the pm about what you did with the roush body kit? i was just curious if you got rid of it or still had it. cuss i love the way it looks on our cars.

G

GREG@SN95

yes... common i'm told (for the 3 bolt ones)

Maximum motorsports has the 4 bolt ones... they be the bestest! :santa_afro:

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
well where can i find a cheap set of MM ones and about how much do they run? also is there any hood interferance? thanks

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
lol :lol: say what? no i don't have a pop corn maker in the trunk, i can't stand the smell of pop corn makes me sick .

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
you wouldnt have instructions or something for the Steeda C/C plates do you?

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
sorry no. they where on the car when i got it from my brother and he said that he doesn't keep stuff like that. why would you ask? if you need them go to the ford website and get theirs since the steeda and ford stuff is identical. good luck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online