CCRM issues

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by A_+, May 30, 2015.

1. A_+

A_+ Active Member

This car has always ran like shit but once a year it gives me a good hint about what could be wrong with it and it'll run ok for a while. Well, its year two so it has given me another hint that could possibly make it run better for a few days before taking another shit on me.

KOEO test gave me;
    511- EEC permanent ROM test failed
    327- DPFE or EVP circuit below minimum voltage of 0.2 volts.

Im thinking these codes have something to do with the EGR or smog being deleted and im running a BAMA chip.

The code that concerns me the most is

556- Fuel pump circuit failure

After a little searching i found that this circuit is located in the CCRM but the info. i find suggest that the whole unit should be replaced. Is that what i need to do? Also, are there specific CCRM's i can use? I googled the part # found on this unit and it looks like its off a 96, i could be wrong though. Ive been googling all day.......

2. toyman

toyman Active Member

I can't imagine a mod motor having the same CCRM. From the diagnostic port, ground the fuel pump lead (short side of the connector). With the key on the pump should run continually.

3. A_+

A_+ Active Member

Forgive my ignorance on everything electrical, I'm new the the sn95 scene. Coming from a line of fox bodies that never gave me one electric problem. I understand your English but do comprehend. I'll keep searching though. Btw, the only visible numbers on this unit are F6SF-12B577-AB

Edit:
    After a little bit more investigation , according to this part #, the CCRM on this 1995 GTS is off
    a 96 T-Bird. Is that bad?!!!!?!?!?!

4. Magic

Magic Well-Known Member

5. A_+

A_+ Active Member

Thank you! I found those articles before but lost them! I think I can figure it out.

6. A_+

A_+ Active Member

I'm not too smart when it comes to electronics and my volt meter isn't so user friendly,. So just to be sure, i pull the ccrm unit to test it with the meter set to ohms? I put the black stick to a ground and the red to whatever pin I'm testing?

the car runs and drives, btw.