CD player noises sound like *click click click click*

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 96SVTCobra, Jul 31, 2006.

1. 96SVTCobra

96SVTCobra New Member

Ever since I got my cobra my CD player has on occasion refused to play/eject my CDs. Just switches back and forth between the radio and CD as it tries to play it and makes this awful clicky noise, which will sometimes go on for excesses of 15 minutes. Sometimes it will randomly eject the CD when I turn the car on too. I know people have this problem becasue my friend's old 96 cobra did the same thing. Anyone know a process to get it to play when it does this? (tried hitting it... doesn't work ;) )

2. Spyder

Spyder Active Member

have a crap cd handy, like one you dont care about.
    when it starts doing the click click click shit, put the other cd in the (it wont be able to go all the way in due to the stopper things) and wiggle it around and up and down and stuff.

soudns really stupid, but it works for me, at least until i yank that bitch out

good luck

3. Matt94GT

Matt94GT Post Whore Retired Staff SN95 Supporter

Sounds like the cd player is on its way out, the mach460 tend to crap out quite commonly.

4. SonicStang

SonicStang Active Member

Funny I had the same problem in my 96! :D

5. MeanGrn Gt

MeanGrn Gt Well-Known Member

the pioneer in my pickup feels the need to not eject the cd sometimes also. I just have a pen handy and push the cd down a little and it comes right out. I didnt even have it that long before it started doing it either. I just got a clarion for the stang so we will see how they are.

6. 97vertstang

97vertstang Well-Known Member

crappy ford cd players !!!mine when it gets hot just wont play than it turns off!!!!!!!!!!! POS !!!!!!!

7. MeanGrn Gt

MeanGrn Gt Well-Known Member

i dont have to worry about any problems with the stock cd player. Just put in a new clarion DXZ655MP :banana:

8. wopony98

wopony98 New Member

Had the same issues on my 98 Cobra and my wifes Explorer. Start looking for a new CD player. SUCKS!

9. 96SVTCobra

96SVTCobra New Member

I've been thinking about getting a new player, but 4.30 gears are more importanta t teh moment ;D

10. SvtBlack95

SvtBlack95 Well-Known Member

lol i just had this problem like 3 days ago.... i did what spyder said just stick a crappy cd in and out couple times wiggle it and it should come out good luck :thumb: