334, 118, 993, 334, 452, 556, 181, 189, 334, 452
Did you do the KOER test too?
What has been done to the engine?

OP
OP
At1Maverick

At1Maverick

Reaction score
Ok, I think that's pretty much what I got, but I got some of the digits wrong. As far as I know The engine is stock, the only bolt-on is a CAI, which I cleaned the filter on already. I do know that the pressure relief valve on the fuel pump is bad, and I am in need of a new pump.

Other than that I can hear a vacuum leak, I can hear it coming from inside the passenger side fender well, When I looked all the vacuum lines looked good, nothing cracked. I'm trying to find test procedures for the valves they attach to, but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it any of the codes, I'm sure it does.

Oh, And yes, my speedo doesn't work, probably from a broken drive gear

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
k&n filters are known for depositing oil on the MAF and IAT sensor. They can be cleaned with MAF spray or Alcohol and a q-tip if your really careful.
You might be able to find the vacuum leak by spraying carb cleaner on the lines. When the engine rpm increases there's your leak.

the Speedo is either the plastic gear on the back on the cluster or the gear on the VSS on the trans.

OP
OP
At1Maverick

At1Maverick

Reaction score
As far as KOER codes, i got 311 and 334, I'm assuming the problem I have is relate to the vacuum leak I hear from inside the passenger side fender, I've checked the lines before and saw nothing, maybe the solenoids themselves or something

OP
OP
At1Maverick

At1Maverick

Reaction score
I'll look into the speedo once I deal with the MIL codes, thanks for that info. What's funny though is sometimes it'll just sweep randomly. Mostly when there's bump on the road.

lutter94

Reaction score
Check the wiring in the trans harness, connects by the pass fender on firewall. Speed sensor wires are pins 15 gray/black VSS+ and 16 pink/orange VSS -. Check the speedo gear while you're down there.....I doubt its the gear in the cluster, when it breaks, it quits...haven't encountered the sweep issue. Does it have a speed cal box?

OP
OP
At1Maverick

At1Maverick

Reaction score
I doesn't have a speed cal box. I about to look into this matter right now. I just got it to pass smog and transfered into my name.

So, I got the speedo to work, the 2 wires to the VSS on the trans has lost their insulation and are touching.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
The vac leak you hear in the pass fender could very well be nothing more then the sound of the air going through the CAI filter. I never noticed noise until I swapped it out. If its coming from the front of the wheel well its just the filter making noise, if its from the back of the wheel well its a vac line.

OP
OP
At1Maverick

At1Maverick

Reaction score
You guys are right, I pulled the fender liner again to get another look and sprayed brake clean all over the vacuum lines and the solenoids and idle remained the same, it's still goes up and down some like it's been since I got it, but at least I know it's not leaking there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx