Center console replacements

joemomma

Reaction score
Are the AT/MT center consoles interchangeable? Looking for a gray New Edge console for my '94 and I'm finding a lot of AT consoles but not so many MT ones available near me.

95opal

Reaction score
Are the AT/MT center consoles interchangeable? Looking for a gray New Edge console for my '94 and I'm finding a lot of AT consoles but not so many MT ones available near me.
Yes

PinkieT

Reaction score
Consoles are the same. The bezel around the shifter, which pops off, is the only difference. Even those are similar - the automatic bezel is the same as a manual but it just doesn't have the soft boot that goes around the shift lever. The bezel on the left of the pic is for an automatic, for instance.

Attachments

• bezels.jpg
    bezels.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
Ahh, very good gents. Thanks for the info.

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
Have you thought about how you’re going to keep your fog light switch?
I was thinking I could take the coin tray out and mount the switch there. I'm assuming it just pops out or is it molded in to the console?

95opal

Reaction score
I was thinking I could take the coin tray out and mount the switch there. I'm assuming it just pops out or is it molded in to the console?
You can also use a dremel to cut the oval hole to mount the switch.

07GtS197

Reaction score
The coin holder pops out but there is a little notch that will need to be cut. You’ll see once you get the switch out. That’s what I did on my 00 gt. Also the wiring harness connector for the console is a different shape.

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
Yeah I can work on it with the dremel if needed. I'm trying to get a quote from car-part.com but none of the yards I've messaged have returned my emails. I may just have to reach out via phone locally.

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
eBay has a few consoles, but nothing I can find in my color (I have the opal interior). How close is the spray paint for interior parts, and how durable is it?

badass98svt

Reaction score
eBay has a few consoles, but nothing I can find in my color (I have the opal interior). How close is the spray paint for interior parts, and how durable is it?
The SEM Landau Black is spot on for the black in 94-98s. When prepped well, it sticks very good and last a long time.
I've used it on a few pieces, such as a steering column gauge mount and A pillar mount as well. I can't speak for anything in a high-wear area, but I can tell you more in that in a few months. I have an 04 center console to install that I sprayed.

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
What's a reasonable price for a used console in good shape?

badass98svt

Reaction score
I paid $150 shipped for this one a few months ago. You'll find some cheaper, but most of them are beat.

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
I just got an offer from a seller for one I've been watching. Basically $150 shipped. It looks to be in pretty good shape. I think it's more of the darker gray, but I can always paint it. It's the one with two coin holders, but one is missing. I should be able mount my fog light switch in there I think?

badass98svt

Reaction score
Yes the fog switch fits in there. I'd hold out for an 01+ though. The consoles in the earlier SN95s have zero good cupholders. The one up by the shifter is right in the way as soon as you go for 2nd gear. And the one in the armrest doesn't do much better either.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online