Centri blower with Nitrous

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Haven't been on and around too much...been pretty crazy with work and whatnot but I want to start getting back into the car. Okay, so for a real quick rundown of my setup:
97 GT block
Forged internals (9.5:1)
MMR stage 3 PI heads
Custom grind blower cams
Edelbrock Victor JR EFI manifold
Vortech V7 JT Trim (sees about 20psi)
Paxton FMIC
AIS tri nozzle 50/50 meth system
Built 4R70W
GP 1000hp fuel system (dual 300lph walbro pumps)

The last time I had the car tuned for meth, it put down right around 600rwhp/520tq at 6400 and 20psi.

I've been doing some research on guys running nitrous with blowers and the gains are supposed to be amazing but not many do it. I am considering starting another little project, and doing a 50-75 shot on top of my setup. I was interested in going with the NX plate system (wet shot) with all the safety goodies. Just looking to see if any of you personally have experience or know guys who have experience with running nitrous on top of centri blowers. Is a wet shot the way to go? I ran this by my tuner and he was in the middle of tuning so couldn't spend too much time talking...but he said I would see great results but had mentioned something about my fuel pressure with a wet shot? Any input on this type of setup is appreciated!

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
The plate kit wouldn't be a bad idea seeing that your meth system is pre blower

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
'scribed.

so, do you have ANY preference to a wet kit or a dry kit?

Thats one thing I wanted to double check on, just making sure that when running compound boost there isn't one that is suggested over the other. But for fueling purposes I'm leaning towards the plate kit...so wet. Would be nice to not have to mess and keep adding fuel additions as well.

The plate kit wouldn't be a bad idea seeing that your meth system is pre blower

Thats actually a really good point that I didn't think of. Have you ever heard of a plate kit effecting fuel pressure in any sense?

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thats one thing I wanted to double check on, just making sure that when running compound boost there isn't one that is suggested over the other. But for fueling purposes I'm leaning towards the plate kit...so wet. Would be nice to not have to mess and keep adding fuel additions as well.
well, this isnt compound boost, but i know what you're saying.

As for running one over the other, I'm more preferential on the wet kits as it can, as i understand it, it can provide a more even disbursement of the juice opposed to a dry kit.

the plate would be a fast and easy install which will also allow you to skip re-working your fuel system extensively.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
well, this isnt compound boost, but i know what you're saying.

As for running one over the other, I'm more preferential on the wet kits as it can, as i understand it, it can provide a more even disbursement of the juice opposed to a dry kit.

the plate would be a fast and easy install which will also allow you to skip re-working your fuel system extensively.

Sorry, more or less meant multi-power adder setup.
Thats exactly what my thought process was as well, no drilling in tubing for nozzles where i already have meth nozzles setup and all that jazz. I understand that a wet system helps aid in fueling itself, but do you truly not have to do ANY fuel upgrade if the current setup is properly fueled already? Meaning...that if fuel is adequate on the setup pre-nitrous, when adding a wet kit it won't even be necessary to upgrade the injectors any further?

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
from what i understand you have to run a separate jet, even for a wet kit... someone far more knowledgeable should guide you from here. I'm officially out of input that may help. lol.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
haha hey I appreciate all your input though.
With safety add ons I was planning on a nitrous gauge in car, automatic bottle opener, purge, and possibly a heater.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
maybe a window switch as well? Obviously many of these goodies are "extras" that arent needed, but if you got the $ :-D

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the NX plate system comes with a window switch and a FPSS. I really don't mind spending a few extra $ considering the amount of money I have in this motor

95opal

Reaction score
Sorry, more or less meant multi-power adder setup.
Thats exactly what my thought process was as well, no drilling in tubing for nozzles where i already have meth nozzles setup and all that jazz. I understand that a wet system helps aid in fueling itself, but do you truly not have to do ANY fuel upgrade if the current setup is properly fueled already? Meaning...that if fuel is adequate on the setup pre-nitrous, when adding a wet kit it won't even be necessary to upgrade the injectors any further?

No injector upgrade needed with a wet kit as the added fuel isn't supplied threw the injectors like a dry kit. Just make sure your fuel pump is up to par. Unsure what the 340s can actually supply. Ill be running my 100 shot on top of the vortech with an aeromotive a 1000 pump.

Wichers123

Reaction score
Okay here's a couple of things.

The switch they supply with the kit is a wot switch a window is best you can set start and stop rpms.

heater is a absolute must the bottle has to be at a constant temp to flow the most accurate amount of liquid to the jet.

If your worried about pressure drop you can run a small 2gallon cell with separate fuel pump to supply whatever fuel you want ie race gas

also while running boost with meth and n20 all the effects of cooling will really play well together and should be able to run good timing numbers across the board.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
No injector upgrade needed with a wet kit as the added fuel isn't supplied threw the injectors like a dry kit. Just make sure your fuel pump is up to par. Unsure what the 340s can actually supply. Ill be running my 100 shot on top of the vortech with an aeromotive a 1000 pump.

Thanks for the info. The good thing about the GP1000 system is its pretty simple to turn my dual pump to a tri-block setup and run 3 pumps so worst comes to worse I have to buy a tri-block and another pump and wala I should be good with fuel it seems.

Okay here's a couple of things.

The switch they supply with the kit is a wot switch a window is best you can set start and stop rpms.

heater is a absolute must the bottle has to be at a constant temp to flow the most accurate amount of liquid to the jet.

If your worried about pressure drop you can run a small 2gallon cell with separate fuel pump to supply whatever fuel you want ie race gas

also while running boost with meth and n20 all the effects of cooling will really play well together and should be able to run good timing numbers across the board.

Really appreciate all the good info man. I obviously have a lot of money into this motor and to buy another $200 safety part I'm not too worried about. I did tons of searching but there aren't many 2v guys who run 20+psi, meth, and nitrous so just wanted to get some thoughts/opinions on this.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
Im piecing in a wet kit with my t-trim. I have most of it .

Sent by smoke signals

Wichers123

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. The good thing about the GP1000 system is its pretty simple to turn my dual pump to a tri-block setup and run 3 pumps so worst comes to worse I have to buy a tri-block and another pump and wala I should be good with fuel it seems.

Really appreciate all the good info man. I obviously have a lot of money into this motor and to buy another $200 safety part I'm not too worried about. I did tons of searching but there aren't many 2v guys who run 20+psi, meth, and nitrous so just wanted to get some thoughts/opinions on this.
In all actuality boost psi should be erellevant. As long as the motor is build to take a number and keep on chugging then it don't matter if it take 100psi or 8psi to get there horsepower and torque are what break engines.

I do plan on spraying my setup one day when I get that cobra short block in the car. I should be able to run 500 on the fuel and centri setup I have now and then run a separate tank system for nitrous and bump closer to 600 for shits and giggles.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Im piecing in a wet kit with my t-trim. I have most of it .

Sent by smoke signals
Jason are you going with a plate system or nozzle? What goodies are you going to be running and what size shot?

In all actuality boost psi should be erellevant. As long as the motor is build to take a number and keep on chugging then it don't matter if it take 100psi or 8psi to get there horsepower and torque are what break engines.

I do plan on spraying my setup one day when I get that cobra short block in the car. I should be able to run 500 on the fuel and centri setup I have now and then run a separate tank system for nitrous and bump closer to 600 for shits and giggles.

Got ya. I guess in all reality I am more just concerned about having meth AND nitrous on the car...but hey it all just comes down to proper AFR adjustment I guess. My motor is built with ARP studs, Cobra crank, Manley Platinum Series pistons, Felpro cometic head gaskets and Forged H beam rods with ARP 2000 bolts.

In regards to fuel maybe the only upgrade I should look into is the triblock and 3rd fuel pump instead of the two 300lph walbros I'm running now.

Wichers123

Reaction score
Jason are you going with a plate system or nozzle? What goodies are you going to be running and what size shot?

Got ya. I guess in all reality I am more just concerned about having meth AND nitrous on the car...but hey it all just comes down to proper AFR adjustment I guess. My motor is built with ARP studs, Cobra crank, Manley Platinum Series pistons, Felpro cometic head gaskets and Forged H beam rods with ARP 2000 bolts.

In regards to fuel maybe the only upgrade I should look into is the triblock and 3rd fuel pump instead of the two 300lph walbros I'm running now.
Or you can do the separate dedicated fuel system for the nitrous. I'm a big fan of that kit because you know it won't have any fuel pressure drop at all as it's on it own fuel system.

Also meth and nitrous are used together all the time with great benefit. All nitrous does is lower the intake temp and adds more o2 in the cylinder so more fuel can be fired off. Remember fuel is power o2 is what makes it burn and iat's depict if it's gonna detonate. meth brings water into play and keeps the iat's down as does intercoolers, the added methanol help with evaporation of the water and even bumps octane up with the air/fuel mixture.

Also so you should think about a progressive kit wouldn't want to see you break the tires loose over a shot of nitrous you should set it up to ramp itself in the rpm range you set it at.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.