Change of careers...

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
Okaaaaaaay... Back on track on this thread, the manager called to apologize, said he is still waiting on the drug screen. He and other managers are not happy with the slow pace and are going to call HR later today.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I worked my way up and managed an O'Reilly's for a couple of years. The process for getting someone in can be super tedious and take a couple of weeks. I lost 3-4 potentially solid hires due to the amount of time it takes for stuff to get processed.

AStangThang

Reaction score
Congratulations on the change my friend! It's nice working at a parts store, or having a friend work at one for the 20% off. I'm a Marine Corps. veteran and the most I get is 10%, but hey, every bit helps. I hope they hurry their ads up and get you in there.

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
My first day on the job! I made the right choice with this one. The guys are nice, very helpful. Not ratchet jaws but didn't snub me either. Reasonable amount of newbie ribbing, which I tossed right back at them. I did one delivery and a bank drop with another part timer, then they cut me loose to do three on my own. Also started learning the cash register. Tomorrow - truck arrives and I help shelve parts. Totally different from my last job, which is a good thing.

AStangThang

Reaction score
My first day on the job! I made the right choice with this one. The guys are nice, very helpful. Not ratchet jaws but didn't snub me either. Reasonable amount of newbie ribbing, which I tossed right back at them. I did one delivery and a bank drop with another part timer, then they cut me loose to do three on my own. Also started learning the cash register. Tomorrow - truck arrives and I help shelve parts. Totally different from my last job, which is a good thing.
Congrats man, sounds like your enjoying it, that's good to hear. I've always wanted to work on the nights at an auto parts store to get the extra $ and the $ off the parts. Thank God I get a 10% vet discount.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online