ok thanks dood, witch rear panel in the trunk? and i dont have repressurize anything? (thats what my mechanics teacher told me :-\ )19mustang96 said:1. go to the back of the trunk,
2.take off the rear panel inside the trunk
3. take a screwdriver and pop out the connector that goes into the fuel pump cut-off switch
4 start your car and wait til it shuts itself off, and then take out your key.
5. crawl under the back of your car
6. unscrew the thing that holds down the fuel filter
7. take a screwdriver or your hand and pull out the two white plastic clips
8. pull off the two fuel lines(be careful, fuel will still come out, it would be a good idea to take some rags with you)
9. take out the old filter(also dont hold it with either the inlet or outlet towards the ground as their is still fuel in it)
10. put in the new one and reverse the process
11. push the connector back into the fuel pump cut-off switch
12. drink a beer(if your under 21, drink a light beer. ;D)
damn, im gonna make a write up on this and pictures next time i do this. imp2:
96 GEETEE said:ok thanks dood, witch rear panel in the trunk? and i dont have repressurize anything? (thats what my mechanics teacher told me :-\ )
he doesnt need the tool, they didnt start putting those on til 98.98MSUGT said:You might want to wear some glasses or something to make sure that you dont get any gas in your eyes. Overall its pretty easy just make sure you get the right fuel line removal tool and its going to take some force to get it out.
97blackgt said:instead of unplugging that switch cant u just pull the fuel relay ?
i did everything you said even the gas in the eye :-\ and in the armpits......ouchMatt94GT said:I never unplug the harness and dont have a problem, I just undo the gas cap to help releave a bit of pressure, I only get mabye 1/8th cup full of gas spilled, just be quick and watch your eyes got gas in my eyes once and it wasnt fun lol.