Changing front coilovers.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Alright so my suspension setup is the following.
Front: UPR Street Coilovers, 12" 250lb springs, Strange 10 Way Adjustable Struts, MM CC Plates, Shorter swaybar endlinks
Rear: H&R Supersports, Strange 10 Way Adjustable Shocks, J&M Weightjacker Adjustable Lowers, J&M Uppers, Eibach Anti roll bar
MM Subframes etc.

Now the UPR kit was more of an aye let's try it out, and for the price I can't really *****. However I was looking into getting an MM setup, with 12" 225lb springs for a slighter softer ride and better weight distribution. Smooth roads it's alright, but any sort of bump and this thing gets annoying honestly. Mind you the car is on the floor so that doesn't help. I noticed a huge ride improvement when I had my snow tires on (245/45/17), wasn't bouncy or bone jarring. Threw my Continentals back on (Extreme Contact DW) 255/40/18, 295/35/18. Obviously low profile tires are going to be wayyy less forgiving. Think the MM kit would ride the same? Or maybe I should just swap the springs for 12" 225lb first before changing my whole setup. Input welcome. No I'm not raising the car.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
They just quoted me today with using 400lb springs in the front on mine. Granted I'm building a Windsor block with a turbo kit so there's added weight in the front but they said anything less would be way too low.

How is yours riding so stiff on 225's?? Maybe it is cause your slammed as you said. ?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yea that sounds a bit odd for such light springs. Are you dampers properly matched?? I would call MM and just have a chat with them. If you explain your goals they will usually pair you with exactly what you need.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
They just quoted me today with using 400lb springs in the front on mine. Granted I'm building a Windsor block with a turbo kit so there's added weight in the front but they said anything less would be way too low.

How is yours riding so stiff on 225's?? Maybe it is cause your slammed as you said. ?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My bad, I have 250s, want to try 225s.
Yea that sounds a bit odd for such light springs. Are you dampers properly matched?? I would call MM and just have a chat with them. If you explain your goals they will usually pair you with exactly what you need.

Right. I mean on other tires the thing rode real well. Soon as I put these back on, went back to being rough. Yeah the dampers are matched to the springs, I called UPR and MM originally when I was going to order to make sure.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
A little extra rubber does make a big difference. I noticed a huge change in ride quality when I switched to thicker side walled tires.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
A little extra rubber does make a big difference. I noticed a huge change in ride quality when I switched to thicker side walled tires.

Yeah for sure! My blizzaks are 245/45/17s, the bigger sidewall alone helps, plus being a soft snow tire made it ride even nicer. I guess I partially forgot how low pro's ride, had them off for like ehh 3 months

Spd0lit

Reaction score
I have a feeling that the strange struts don't have enough dampening, so the car will be bouncy.

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
With as low as you are you could also be running out of strut travel when you hit a bump which would explain why it rides rough. A softer spring rate could just make it bottom out even easier. I daily drove with 10" 350" springs and couldn't complain at all about it. Are your struts 94+ specific or for a fox?

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
With as low as you are you could also be running out of strut travel when you hit a bump which would explain why it rides rough. A softer spring rate could just make it bottom out even easier. I daily drove with 10" 350" springs and couldn't complain at all about it. Are your struts 94+ specific or for a fox?

I'm on 94+ specific. Oh I ****ed up.. I never got fox struts. Shitttt.

95opal

Reaction score

/\ this...the lower you go the stiffer the spring rate needs to be. A 250 is a really soft spring rate. I would look to go up not down in rates.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.