Changing rad in 95 V6

Discussion in 'The Safe Zone' started by 95MustangSally, Apr 4, 2014.

1. 95MustangSally

95MustangSally New Member

Hey guys!

So I'm getting ready to get a new rad for the old girl. Been looking at the Mishimoto ones (good for v6 and v8).
    Has anyone put one of these in or had one before? Just wondering if you noticed a difference, how instal was, if there's any tips I should know before purchase or install. I've installed rads before, so I know the whole bleeding the system to remove bubbles and such. Just making sure there isn't some critical thing I should know, part I might need, or if they're crap or something haha

Thanks guys!

-Brittany

2. Orange 94

Orange 94 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

Subscribed.
    Wondering how much of a benefit it is to upgrade to a good quality one. I'll gone through a couple cheap ones. Don't have any heat issues (other than blower).

3. g36 monkey

g36 monkey Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

I know there have been some failure stories of the mishimotos cracking, I saw it happen to my neighbors first hand. Either way, the install is a piece of cake.

4. CC'S95GT

CC'S95GT Legend

There has been a few members that have used those rads. In the begining there was a problem with them cracking but I think the issue have been resolved.
    IMO for your stock v6 I'd just go with a stock replacement. It's lasted 15+ years right?

5. 95MustangSally

95MustangSally New Member

My v6 isn't stock, and isn't a v6 for long. That's why I'm looking at this one that is good for both v6 and v8

6. the5.ohh

the5.ohh Legend

My brother put a Mishimoto in his 91 Fox, really excellent quality. Works really well