changing radiator support

tommybunz

Reaction score
does any 1 know how ez it is to change the radiator support on the 95's. R they welded on or R they just bolted on.

98-5.0

Reaction score
well first off.....why are you changin the core support...is it wrecked or what...........i swaped my 98 v6 for a 302 and then you just use a 4.6 radiator or what i did and just cut the mount tabs off and weld them slightly closer till they are right and weld em back on........or you could even bolt them if you had 2 pieces of long plate metal............im pretty sure that they are welded up all around........on trucks and vans and some cars they bolt on the top and weld at the bottom........but im almost positive ours are fully welded...........but like i said whats your reason for new one.........really???

98-5.0

Reaction score
ok i just found out you wrecked it..............can you just use a slid hammer and pull it back out............if its damaged so much you need a whole new one.......then you might need more than just that and you cant see it with all the stuff on it......bumper lights and battery and radiator.........they dont have to be perfect in my opinion........many beg to differ.......i have a 89 drag car and it was fucked up from when the dumb ass farmer used a chain and tractor to move the car around his lot.........so i just took a hammer and some paint and put it back .........you cant see it when everything is on it so as long as its straight enough to hold the radiator and the bumper clips up at the bottom.........i dont see the harm..........but you may want a new one..........its alot of work to weld in a new one and do it right............most people think its a hour job and no prob...........but most people dont know everything it does so just take my advice and before you go ripin and cuttin it out.........try and bent it back and make it work first........just my 2 cents

Slow94

Reaction score
All I can say is have fun with it!!LOL I had to do this to my car and it was not fun! I would only put a factory support back in other wise you will spend many more hours trying to get an aftermarket to work. Best price for a oem one is from Yearone.com.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online