Changing up the exhaust on my car....Please help choose.....

Blueoval

Reaction score
Ok guys, I am having to change up my exhaust setup because the cops around here are starting to target guys with loud exhaust so that they can bust them with no cats. The ticket is $250 the first time and $500 the second time that you get caught for it. A friend of mine has already been busted twice for his off-road H & 2-chambers. I have a Bassani High Flow X that I am going to put on my car to make it legal, however I still love my car being loud and just want to make sure that I can be legal but also have a good sound. My car has to remained dumped because I am running a panhard bar in the rear and I kind of like the clean look of the dumps. Please keep that in mind when you are voting. I really could use your help in picking one of the above.

Thanks,

Lee

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
:-[ legal= stock hpipe. Even a catted midpipe is illegal since your removing 2 cats out of the 4 and in my case 6 :help2: :help2: :help2: :help2:

but man, i love loudess of 1 setup i hear daily in person!

Flowmaster 1-Chamber's Dumped with o/r! Got damn it sounds :behind: (dont get this setup if you wanna be quiet. Race mufflers+dumped+o/r= wake the dead blocks away)

I heard the 5.0's with o/r h and 2 chamber flows dumped are pretty quiet. Im not sure if itll sound quiet on a 4.6

96sohc

Reaction score
The magnapacks are going to be crazy loud, and in my opinion just obnoxious.
My 94 GT has an offroad X-pipe with 2 chamber flows and its waaay too loud for my taste, my friends can hear my coming a mile away.
I'd look at some Dynomax Mufflers or the regular Magnaflows with a catted x or stock mid-pipe.

u n v kenny

Reaction score
DO NOT get flowmasters if you are running and X pipe, it's going to sound like shit.

Get the Magnaflows!

STNG_96

Reaction score
First of all, with the dumps, its gonna sound loud regardless. Im all for the packs, My car has an off road x and the packs, and I love it

that sound quality isnt too great, but you get the idea

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
I'm running the Bassani-x with cats and magnaflows. Sounds wicked. As mentioned earlier, if your running an X stay away from the flows.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Out of the choices you have listed I would say Magnaflows...........the flowmasters are to common and seem so 1980ish to me :dunno: I guess its the whole 5.0 with the off road H pipe and flowmasters thing .

97vertstang

Reaction score
dont get o/r h and 1 chamber flos . my couisn just put that and its all the way back all i have to say is the exhaust is apache helicopter LOUD!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
97vertstang said:
dont get o/r h and 1 chamber flos . my couisn just put that and its all the way back all i have to say is the exhaust is apache helicopter LOUD!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

yea thats a track ONLY set up ;D

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Nothing at all, long tube headers, o/r h and a mufflerless catback, guaranteed to wake the dead.

ylw95gts

Reaction score
I can't wait to complete my install on mine. Mac Equal length headers, Bassani catted X and SLP Loudmouth cat-back. 8)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online