Charcoal Colored Saleens?

HuskerGT

Reaction score
Was thinking about some new wheels recently and saw that AM now has charcoal colored Saleen style wheels.
Any thoughts on these on a black car? Don't particularly like the black-on-black look but wondering if these may look good.
A while back someone did a photoshop of some gunmetal Saleens for me and I thought they looked good.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/charcoal-saleen-18x9-9404.html

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Was thinking about some new wheels recently and saw that AM now has charcoal colored Saleen style wheels.
Any thoughts on these on a black car? Don't particularly like the black-on-black look but wondering if these may look good.
A while back someone did a photoshop of some gunmetal Saleens for me and I thought they looked good.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/charcoal-saleen-18x9-9404.html

That was me who did that rendering a while back.

2pqup2x.png

Honestly I think wheels on a dark car should be something that stands out. I'm not a big fan of dark colors on black. Chrome or polished would look best.
However, if you're going to go a dark color, definitely go gunmetal before all black.

OP
OP
H

HuskerGT

Reaction score
Thanks, Ferocious. I remember asking for that. After some further thought. I'm in agreement with you.
Thinking also about simple silver FR500s too

Thanks again for the photoshop.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
I have seen the hypercoated saleens in person on a black car..... and a couple others....

It looks like dirty chrome wheels to me.... I like it but it bothers me at the same time lol

OP
OP
H

HuskerGT

Reaction score
Looks good, got any more pics, oilspill? Would like to see pics in different angles & lighting if you have them

oilspill

Reaction score
Well until I go back to the garage this is the only one I have. It was more a picture of the trash bag my exhaust collected the other day
1bff29f402eb1f4f157a2dce3dd13e0f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oilspill

Reaction score
92e332d598ef2385fff2b5339c9b5458.jpg

593bc8adbf0f0a9472f503478491cd47.jpg

There's a few from this morning. Hope that helps you out

oilspill

Reaction score
I am running eibach sport lines and 275/40 all around.

Husker no I actually got these off Craig's list a while back

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think they'd look good on black as long as you're not looking for something shiny/flashy.

I have seen the hypercoated saleens in person on a black car..... and a couple others....

It looks like dirty chrome wheels to me.... I like it but it bothers me at the same time lol

you better watch your mouth lol

OP
OP
H

HuskerGT

Reaction score
I think they'd look good on black as long as you're not looking for something shiny/flashy.
Bumpin this back up

I've had shiny/flashy for a long time with my Chrome Y2Ks. I find myself looking for something different, again LOL.

Kind of stuck between silver FR500s & these Gunmetal Saleens from AM right now. Since I just bought new 265/35-18 tires I'm going with a sqaure 18x9 setup. I REALLY like the look of the authentic 18x9 R500s on 9838stang's ride. I haven't seen a set of the gunmetals on any SN95s though so I can't give a good evaluation, but I think they'll give me a more sinister look, shit I don't know... spent most of the weekend looking at wheels & hoods on the 'ol interweb. Kinda cross-eyed now...

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I feel like FR500s are one of those wheels that have to be staggered to look their best, kinda like bullitts. Also i find silver a little boring but of course it can look good. ultimately it's up to you mang, as I always say you can't go wrong with Saleens.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online