Charging Problems!!!HELLLLP!!!!

Foster98GT

Reaction score
When my A/C is turned on my batt volt meter drops low. I think the alternator is the prob. I searted the car, removed the positive post and the car still runs, however when i switch the A/C or headlights on it stalls. What do you think is the prob?

S

scarface

Re: Charging Problems!!!

I had to get a higher amp Alternator for my 93 cobra, it did the same thing. It was fine after that.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score

(((Foster98GT))) said:
When my A/C is turned on my batt volt meter drops low. I think the alternator is the prob. I searted the car, removed the positive post and the car still runs, however when i switch the A/C or headlights on it stalls. What do you think is the prob?

Which car is this on? Your SN95 or your 89? If its the 89 I would say you need to spend some dough on a higher amp alternator.

OP
OP
F

Foster98GT

Reaction score

Yeah, its the 89.....Sorry fer the non-info.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score

So I would say you would need to get a higher amp alternator. I believe the alt on our SN95's are 130 amp alt stock.

waltnono

Reaction score

Did those fox have an external voltage regulator or internal in the alternator? If external then I would check that

OP
OP
F

Foster98GT

Reaction score

Aight, been working on it......I had the battery and Alternator checked at Autozone, their both good....Did some checking...I have a internal regulator. I just had the Alternator Checked, wouldnt the check cover this?

S

scarface

it may not be bad, just not enough amps...they were weak from the factory

OP
OP
F

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Just called AZone, ive got a Voltage Reg on the way....If it doesnt work it goes back and bring forth a new Alternator....

EDIT......Voltage Reg, didnt work.....Got a New Alternator and its better but still not right......Experts any more ideas?

S

scarface

(((Foster98GT))) said:
Just called AZone, ive got a Voltage Reg on the way....If it doesnt work it goes back and bring forth a new Alternator....

EDIT......Voltage Reg, didnt work.....Got a New Alternator and its better but still not right......Experts any more ideas?
HIGHER AMP ALTERNATOR....your not gonna get it from autozone.

mobb70

Reaction score
I had a problem once, kinda. My battery dumb dumb light would pop on and off as i was driving and i thought it was my alt too. I checked the batt when she was running and it was in the high 13`s and low 14`s which is very good. i bought a PA performance alt that cost like 500 bucks shipped and i still had the prob. I changed out my idler pulleys and my tensioner and belt and whualla, fixed. It might be a bad pulley or a weak belt not spinning your alt pulley fast enough under load. Hope this helps. Atleast i now have a shiny new 200 amp alt to show off lol...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.