Chassis matters…

badass98svt

Reaction score
after this, it’s on to the front suspension. Currently have the Eibach Pro-Plus sway bar, springs and shocks. Wondering what, if any, worthwhile improvements or upgrades are available for street/spirited street driving applications. Definitely considering the yellow Koni shocks.
Solid steering rack bushings and appropriate length swaybar endlinks is a very good, economic start. Also CC plates if you dont already have them.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Solid steering rack bushings and appropriate length swaybar endlinks is a very good, economic start. Also CC plates if you dont already have them.
I know I’m gonna slap myself in the forehead, but… “”CC” plates??

Warhorse Racing

Reaction score
If you never plan on installing coil-overs, 3-bolt CC plates will be fine. I use 3-bolt Steeda CC plates on all 3 of my autocross Mustangs. They are a great option. J&M also makes a 3-bolt version. If you are not racing the car, you likely won't be making multiple camber/caster adjustments.

I will reiterate that adjustable shocks & struts are the absolute best mod you can make to ensure you are getting the most out of all the suspension parts you're buying.

In my opinion, a solid steering shaft is overkill for a street car. I don't even use solid steering shafts in my autocross cars. That money would be better spent on offset front A-arm bushings that add caster (Del-Alum from Global West or Poly). GW also makes Delrin steering rack bushings, which will add less NVH than metal steering rack bushings.

If you decide to change the struts and add CC plates, you will need an alignment, so it's a good idea to decide on all the parts that require getting the car aligned at once.

This video is about my Fox, but it contains lot of useful information about the impacts of suspension parts/adjustments.

Tim300wsm

Reaction score
If you never plan on installing coil-overs, 3-bolt CC plates will be fine. I use 3-bolt Steeda CC plates on all 3 of my autocross Mustangs. They are a great option. J&M also makes a 3-bolt version. If you are not racing the car, you likely won't be making multiple camber/caster adjustments.

I will reiterate that adjustable shocks & struts are the absolute best mod you can make to ensure you are getting the most out of all the suspension parts you're buying.

In my opinion, a solid steering shaft is overkill for a street car. I don't even use solid steering shafts in my autocross cars. That money would be better spent on offset front A-arm bushings that add caster (Del-Alum from Global West or Poly). GW also makes Delrin steering rack bushings, which will add less NVH than metal steering rack bushings.

If you decide to change the struts and add CC plates, you will need an alignment, so it's a good idea to decide on all the parts that require getting the car aligned at once.

This video is about my Fox, but it contains lot of useful information about the impacts of suspension parts/adjustments.

I’m hoping to give autocross a go later this year. I will be watching quite a bit of your videos. Thanks for taking the time to make them

Warhorse Racing

Reaction score
I’m hoping to give autocross a go later this year. I will be watching quite a bit of your videos. Thanks for taking the time to make them
You will really enjoy autocross. Thanks for checking out my videos. If you ever have any questions about autocrossing your Mustang, I'm always happy to help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online