Cheap / alternate sources of plugs?

jun10r

Reaction score
Ok so under my hood, I am seeing maybe half of the radiator shroud little plastic pin things are missing, and then maybe 1/3rd of those holding up the heat shield on the underside of the hood.

When I look up those on the retail sites they are $20-30 for a kit (each...) which seems like an insane amount of money for $5 or less of plastic.

Is there a big / alternative generic kit out there?

On the other end of the vehicle, when I open my trunk (convertible) the side/corner panels that would be in front of the tail lights are in there 'loosely.' I see a hole towards the top of them and a bolt sticking out but it looks like some sort of funny nut would go on there? Anyone know what I am talking about and a source for those. Missing the identical item on both side, I am sure it got removed when they put on the aftermarket tail lights.

Thx!

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Are you talking about the little black plastic plug things? Round head and like plastic fin things that secure it when pressed in? If so, you can get those at pretty much any car parts store like NAPA, Auto Zone, etc. I think Lowes might even have them in their hardware section under "Automotive/Specialty." They usually come in a pack, and cost a couple bucks maybe.

OP
OP
J

jun10r

Reaction score
Yeah that is the stuff, I will look at automoan! I look online so much (Thx Amazon prime...) that I really don't think local unless it is a dealership part.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah that is the stuff, I will look at automoan! I look online so much (Thx Amazon prime...) that I really don't think local unless it is a dealership part.

I'm with you on that, Amazon Prime member as well. I now get pissed if something doesn't show up in 2 days. It's terrible. On top of that, if I order something somewhere else, I'm like "OHMYGOD it's going to take 5 days to get here WTF?!?" And I used to order from mail catalogs in the "old days." Times have changed. And *on top* of that, I'm like "you mean I have to get in MY CAR and DRIVE to the store to get something?"

Anyway, those places will have what you want ;) I personally noticed a better selection from Auto Zone over Advanced Auto. But that could be local/regional thing.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Any auto parts store should have what you need. Not sure about the other ones, as I work for Oreilly's, but we can get them in bigger packages (25 or 50count) for around $5-10 depending on the style. Small packs like what are out on the aisle are around $2.50-$3 for 5-6 count. If you need a bunch or want to keep extras, the bulk packs are the way to go. Disco is the brand.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ok so under my hood, I am seeing maybe half of the radiator shroud little plastic pin things are missing, and then maybe 1/3rd of those holding up the heat shield on the underside of the hood.

When I look up those on the retail sites they are $20-30 for a kit (each...) which seems like an insane amount of money for $5 or less of plastic.

Is there a big / alternative generic kit out there?

On the other end of the vehicle, when I open my trunk (convertible) the side/corner panels that would be in front of the tail lights are in there 'loosely.' I see a hole towards the top of them and a bolt sticking out but it looks like some sort of funny nut would go on there? Anyone know what I am talking about and a source for those. Missing the identical item on both side, I am sure it got removed when they put on the aftermarket tail lights.

Thx!

So I bet you are a little surprised to know I was thinking about you while I was in the bathroom this morning. But after this I am sure you will not mind...

http://www.autobodytoolmart.com/searchnxt.aspx?keywords=fasteners

I got a catalog from this company this week as I think I ordered my primer through them. Dunno but anyway I threw it on the pile in the crapper and was paging through it this morning. I came to a 2 page spread labeled "clips, screws, fasteners" loaded with probably 200 different types of what you described before. Even better yet they all seemed accurately described as the make they go to and even where they go and most of them are priced significantly lower then I would expect to find them at vatozone. As I turned the page all I thought was "JACKPOT!". I think there are a few on there I will be ordering to put mine back together so thanks and yer welcome....

OP
OP
J

jun10r

Reaction score
I am shocked dismayed and yet somehow pleased you were thinking of me!! Ha!

Very cool link thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online