cheap NPI motor???

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Anyone know where to get one???

im gonna do the whole PI headswap and aftermarket cams, but i want to have little downtime for my car...i was thinking of getting another NPI motor and do the swap and everything then just switch out the motors. But i havent been able to find one yet.

does this sound like a logical idea?

97vertstang

Reaction score
instead of doing that, just get a pi engine.everything will swap over and u wont have to screw with the inside.karkraft.com sells used engines and new, have no idea about there quality though.

OP
OP

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
97vertstang said:
instead of doing that, just get a pi engine.everything will swap over and u wont have to screw with the inside.karkraft.com sells used engines and new, have no idea about there quality though.

to change to a PI motor you have to change alot...the fuel system, gauges, and i think the wiring harness tooo...plus a NPI motors with PI swap puts out more power.

97vertstang

Reaction score
nope none of that.use all ur existing parts from ur npi, and everything will transfer over.use the pi motor as a lonblock, use ur npi wiring harness, fuel system, etc, evrything will swap over.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
19mustang95 said:
97vertstang said:

to change to a PI motor you have to change alot...the fuel system, gauges, and i think the wiring harness tooo...plus a NPI motors with PI swap puts out more power.
nope not true!

you use your coil packs, fuel rails, wiring, computer etc etc from the NPI and just swap in the PI complete engine...its that easy. also PI swap on a NPI shortblock only gains a couple of HP because of the comptession jump.

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
yeah the only real benifit
for the whole swap is the
lower compression ratio....

OP
OP

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
so if i put in a PI motor can i use the digital guages from the 99+ or will i have change the wiring harness for that?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online

No members online now.