Check em out!

LaserRed95GT

Reaction score
I traded my stock mustang rims + 100 dollars cash on top for these bad boys.
Stockers first after we got it mounted on his car:

and the new rims and tires all loaded up!

The guy who I got them from was nice, but he didn't run them with spacers, when I was pulling them with him I noticed the rears rubbed against the strut so I'll end up getting some spacers before I really use them. I can't imagine that goes over well without them. I also plan to get new center caps, I've said it before and I'll say it again, unless I have a cobra there's no point to put cobra anything on my GT.

Either way I'm excited to get them mounted on the car!

[MENTION=18995]FivepointSlow[/MENTION] this is the reason why I didn't get your alternator shipped out today ;( 3 hours there 3 hours back and I spent 2 more with the guy chatting and what not:p

I'll post more pics when I get them mounted.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
LOL don't worry about that!
I still need to get bolts for my valve covers and smog pump so I'm in no rush for it at the moment : p

New wheels look good! Looks like you got a good deal.

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

OP
OP
L

LaserRed95GT

Reaction score
thanks guys. They look great, even against my custom 20 shades of red paint job.

I also was using two 2-inch extensions while removing the lug nuts and I found out which one wasn't my craftsman extension;D

RICE ETR

Reaction score
Awesome pick up!!

What are the tire specs? wheel widths and offset?

I'm having fitment issues with my Foose Nitrous that are from a SN197.

OP
OP
L

LaserRed95GT

Reaction score
Awesome pick up!!

What are the tire specs? wheel widths and offset?

I'm having fitment issues with my Foose Nitrous that are from a SN197.
Size huge.
I'm also having mild clearance issues on the front, it catches just barely on the front. I plan to delete my skirts which might actually give me the clearance I need, but it's all guesses right now.
the front tire size are 245/45/17
the rear tire size are 315/35/17

I'm going to pull them again anyways to pop out the center caps and then i'll get the rim size
but I took a measuring tape to them and I think the fronts were 18x9
and the rears might've been 18.5x10?

But really, don't quote me on that. I'm like 45 percent sure..lol

The rears, like I said rub just slightly against the struts in the rear, almost non-existent but it's there.
and the fronts are catching on the rear of the wheel well.

Oh and the fronts are (as I read it off the tire wall) tubeless radials and the rears are drag radials
Wow! Never seen an extension do that! Seen em break but not that! I'd frame it, lol.
I'll keep it as a 25 degree extension...?;)

Caboose302

Reaction score
I think it's your backspacing causing it to rub. They seem to stick out quite a bit but it could be the picture. Also, going off what the tire says they're 17s. They don't make a 18.5 that I'm aware of. They DO however make a 16.5" rim that used to be popular with trucks for some reason.

I have 245/45R17 on mine (stock ) and it's lowered almost 3 inches and I don't have any rubbing issues. They look good. Nice pickup on the DRs! That should add some excitement to your britches. Lol

OP
OP
L

LaserRed95GT

Reaction score
I think it's your backspacing causing it to rub. They seem to stick out quite a bit but it could be the picture. I have 245/45R17 on mine (stock ) and it's lowered almost 3 inches and I don't have any rubbing issues. They look good. Nice pickup on the DRs!

Sent from mah Obamafone
yah know in the picture they do look like they come out a bit, and I couldn't tell you if they do or don't without looking at the car since they're so new to me.

I should mention the front wheels might rub slightly in the rear of the wheel well due to an accident. It has since the accident on the passenger side but I suppose it could've effect the driver side as well. Basically smashing into a curb. Either way it'll be going to a body shop to get pulled to fix the bent k-member (another shop inspected it and told me that was the issue).

I'll get back with some pictures of the rear overtop to show if they come out more than yours do.
Won't be able to do much with the car till tomorrow or thursday since I work 'early.' atleast early for me. :p

RICE ETR

Reaction score
Size huge.
I'm also having mild clearance issues on the front, it catches just barely on the front. I plan to delete my skirts which might actually give me the clearance I need, but it's all guesses right now.
the front tire size are 245/45/17
the rear tire size are 315/35/17

I'm going to pull them again anyways to pop out the center caps and then i'll get the rim size
but I took a measuring tape to them and I think the fronts were 18x9
and the rears might've been 18.5x10?

But really, don't quote me on that. I'm like 45 percent sure..lol

The rears, like I said rub just slightly against the struts in the rear, almost non-existent but it's there.
and the fronts are catching on the rear of the wheel well.

Interesting. I've got 255/45/18 on the front and I've got no rub or issues +34 offset, they're pretty close to rubbing the caliber though. The rears are 295/45/18 +38 and they hit the quad shocks and the passenger exhaust pipe, i've ordered 1" wheel spacers for the rear to create some room.

OP
OP
L

LaserRed95GT

Reaction score
Interesting. I've got 255/45/18 on the front and I've got no rub or issues +34 offset, they're pretty close to rubbing the caliber though. The rears are 295/45/18 +38 and they hit the quad shocks and the passenger exhaust pipe, i've ordered 1" wheel spacers for the rear to create some room.
Again, pushed back k-member is probably my issue. Today I removed the fender aprons which gave both enough clearance along with removing the skirts which added a tiny bit more. It' still just barely barely catches the fender now on the passenger side. Still, it needs to be fixed appropriately, but now I can more willingly wheel it around without any terrible noises constantly occuring..

Don't ask me why I was saying struts, but I meant it rubs barely against the quad shocks, I'd love to get the thin spacers that space it out a bit more to create the room but there doesn't look like there's enough room to still have the rims bolted on tightly. I'll probably get 1 inch spacers. how much did yours run you? someone on here said they'd sell me theirs but said it'd take like two months and I just don't know if I'm willing to wait that long.

I think it's your backspacing causing it to rub. They seem to stick out quite a bit but it could be the picture. Also, going off what the tire says they're 17s. They don't make a 18.5 that I'm aware of. They DO however make a 16.5" rim that used to be popular with trucks for some reason.

I have 245/45R17 on mine (stock ) and it's lowered almost 3 inches and I don't have any rubbing issues. They look good. Nice pickup on the DRs! That should add some excitement to your britches. Lol
Yeah, I was contradicting myself with the tire size and my phony measuring methods.
Official verdict since I checked, the rears are 17x10.5 and fronts are 17x8 or 9. The reason why I say or 9, is because I wrote it down, but when I wrote it down I for whatever reason wrote 17x18. So that past me wasn't really making much sense.
I'll feel the excitement after I get the k-member pulled and the door locks fixed, till then, I'm not allowing myself to rip into any other parts of the car. ;(
It's how I motivate.

Oh, and I took a double take on the rears, they actually don't protrude from the car at all (yet, wait till the spacers, lol). They're very flush with the body of the car.

RICE ETR

Reaction score
Don't ask me why I was saying struts, but I meant it rubs barely against the quad shocks, I'd love to get the thin spacers that space it out a bit more to create the room but there doesn't look like there's enough room to still have the rims bolted on tightly. I'll probably get 1 inch spacers. how much did yours run you? someone on here said they'd sell me theirs but said it'd take like two months and I just don't know if I'm willing to wait that long.

I purchased some 'Mustang' specific ones off *gasp* Ebay for $60.00 plus a ridiculous amount to ship them to the Great White North.

Cpotts13

Reaction score
OP
OP
L

LaserRed95GT

Reaction score
Don't get those. Look for a "Hubcentric" type wheel spacer. They will keep the wheel inline with the hub and will keep the wheels from bouncing around while driving
I appreciate the tip Cpotts, you saved me from making a big mistake. Lol.

Either way, it'll run about 60 with free shipping it looks like from most suppliers that offer the hubcentric 1 inch and 1.25inch spacers (what i'll probably go with).

RICE ETR

Reaction score
Just an update for you, the spacers I bought are working flawlessly. Absolutely no vibration or issues on my quick test ride. I just need to roll my rear fenders, oversized tires + wornout shocks.

OP
OP
L

LaserRed95GT

Reaction score
So I need your guisesss thoughts and opinions on what I should do, it's a social dilemma if anything.

But anyways, the guy wants the rims and tires back in trade for my old rims and tires and reimbursement of the money I spent. However, obviously I want to keep them.

The initial reason for the trade was because the guy was getting rid of his car back to the dealership so technically anything on the car was up for trade, so I made the offer for his rims and tires and what not.
His financial situation has changed and now he can keep his mustang, and asked about trading back.

What do you guys think I should do? I want to give option for him to get them back, but at the same time, the previous transaction should have nothing to do with the current situation.

Let me know your thoughts.

btw if I do keep them I'll probably go with what you posted RICE ETR

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.