Check Engine Light with Code P1443

Black97GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
The CEL came on in my car yesterday for the first time since I had it. I took it to AAP today to get the code for it and it came back as P1443 EVAP Emission Control System, Control Valve Malfunction. I did a little research and it seems like replacing this part is the best way to go. I just wanted to see if any of you have gotten this before and what you did to fix it? Thanks in advance :thumb:

This link gave some good info I think http://www.rv-coach.com/current_category.181/Forum.40148/forum_thread_full.html

gt96stang

Reaction score
This is what I bought and fixed my code,
called purge valve I believe..
getimage.jpg

OP
OP
B

Black97GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
ok thanks yea thats what it said, how much and how hard was the replacement?

gt96stang

Reaction score
SgtMike said:

I got mine from www.rockauto.com, since nobody around here had one in stock.. and it cost me all of $20..
And the line comes off the back of the intake plenum, if you find it and follow it, you'll find where it's at.. Along the firewall.

OP
OP
B

Black97GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
gt96stang said:
SgtMike said:

I got mine from www.rockauto.com, since nobody around here had one in stock.. and it cost me all of $20..
And the line comes off the back of the intake plenum, if you find it and follow it, you'll find where it's at.. Along the firewall.

Thanks man, I just went out and got it at NAPA it was a little more expensive but its all good cuz the light went off :thumb:

SonicStang

Reaction score
You still have to delete the code in the pcm. I had the same prob, I think it's common on the 96s

Rantheman

Reaction score
auto zone had one for me but it did not fix my p1443 code it came back 1 month later

SonicStang

Reaction score
Could be it is the EVAP Canister Purge Regulator. It is located next to the passenger side fender well/inner fender skirt.
post-13-1115045055.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Staff online

Members online