check engine light

raven69

Reaction score
hey im a noob to mustangs and i just got my 98 GT not too long ago. i decided to put on a BBK X-Pipe, and dual flowmaster mufflers, and ever since then my "check engine" light has been on. i recently did a full oil change and coolant flush, thinking the fact that i was overdue for the oil change might have been the issue, but it didnt make a difference. im definately thinking its something to do with my exhaust system, and the fact that i have no cats anymore. what can it be? thanks

seth_96_gt

Reaction score
when you changed exhaust did you buy the little o2 sensor gromits

Rantheman

Reaction score
did you by mil eliminators if not thats why it probably on. what a mil eliminator does it it plays a trick on the computer saying the cats are still there when there really not. you see not having them just causes the light to go one cuase the two on the rear are doing there job measuring catalyst. has no effect on the motor but if you want the light to go off get mill eliminators

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i dont want to steal the thread or anything, but if you have high flow cats, will you need MILs?

S

scarface

19mustang95 said:
i dont want to steal the thread or anything, but if you have high flow cats, will you need MILs?
I needed them with HF cats.

OP
OP
R

raven69

Reaction score
mil eliminators eh? alright, i figured it was something to do with my exhaust. i dont mind the light so much, i was just worried that something serious was wrong, but if its all good, then i wont worry about it.

thanks alot.

Rantheman

Reaction score
generaly when a check engine light goes out its not a serious thing just letting you know for a maintence check up or a sensor is malfuctioning. as in worst one i have encountered is my cam positioning sensor was malfunctioning and my car ran but ran like it was missing

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online