check engine light

lookn4pwr

Reaction score
this is my first post of hopefully many to come. my question is about my check engine light. i can crank my car and let it idle all day and it doesnt come on, but when i go down the road about 1/4 to 1/2 mile(sometimes a little further) it pops up. i dont think the car has any 02 sims to compliment the h-pipe, so i was wondering if that could be the problem. i know that i would throw a check engine light. any suggestions would be helpful thanks

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
yep the 02's is very possibly throwing that light, you need to have it hooked to a computer to read the code and see exactly what it is. Do a intro in the introduction section too, welcome 8)

ryclef331

Reaction score
You HAVE to pull the codes. it could be anything. You shouldn't be using 02 sims on a 5.0 in the first place. There are no cats before them so there is NO need to simulate anything.

d_punch

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
You HAVE to pull the codes. it could be anything. You shouldn't be using 02 sims on a 5.0 in the first place. There are no cats before them so there is NO need to simulate anything.

bingo :thumb:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.