Check out these wheels!

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
A friend of mine who works at O'Reilly's offered to sell me some mustang wheels today so I told him I'd give em a look since he claimed they we're staggered 18's. Turns out they were 18x10 & I think 18x8 FR500's or some knock of replicas. He got them in a trade and doesn't need them. They have been painted pearl white (not my style) and have practically brand new tires on them. The fronts are Cooper zeon rxs 225/40 and the rear are Nitto NT555 Extreme ZR 255/35. He had two of them at work with him and let me take em home to see how they looked. First of all they definitely need some wider tires front and rear! But the guy only wants $400 for all 4! I'm not sure what offset they are though but they do fit pretty well. I think the fronts could use a spacer and the rear just look like they need a wider tire and they'd be set! And a fresh coat of black paint. Here's some pics so tell me what you guys think...should I get em or let em go?

Side shot:

The fronts:

Top view of the front:

The rear:

Another of the rear:

And another...yes I know the tire is going the wrong way..

And one more:

wmfateam

Reaction score
They look a little chewed up via curds. I would personally see if he would take 350 or, what I would lean towards, just buy new ones that are already black and use a discount code through American Muscle. I believe the 18 X's are on sale right now.

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
They look a little chewed up via curds. I would personally see if he would take 350 or, what I would lean towards, just buy new ones that are already black and use a discount code through American Muscle. I believe the 18 X's are on sale right now.
They actually aren't curbed at all, prolly just bad pic quality or you could be seeing some gunk on the inside of the rim from the tires being stretched so much. If I get them I think we are prolly gonna do a trade on something anyway so I don't plan on putting much money into them. I would prolly put the 255's on the front and buy new rear tires. And I can get the paint done for free by a friend. If anything I was thinking that I could buy them and run em for a little while and possibly sell either them or my bullit wheels.

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
We'll see how it goes. Any idea on what the offset may be? Or instructions on how to measure it. What is the normal offset on a set of deep dish wheels because these look like they were made to fit a different car.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
look in decent shape. you could get them cleanup, refinished pretty easily. i'd say go for it

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Whoever painted them either did a shit job or they're plasti-dipped.

PS. They look like they're plasti-dipped.

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
look in decent shape. you could get them cleanup, refinished pretty easily. i'd say go for it

I'd take em.

Im gonna see if I can make a deal tomorrow so wish me luck!

Whoever painted them either did a shit job or they're plasti-dipped.

PS. They look like they're plasti-dipped.
My vote was gonna be a shit paint job. P-D never really crossed my mind but I'll check that tomorrow. My best friend works at a body shop and always does small side jobs at his personal shop so getting them painted right will be no problem.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Im gonna see if I can make a deal tomorrow so wish me luck!

My vote was gonna be a shit paint job. P-D never really crossed my mind but I'll check that tomorrow. My best friend works at a body shop and always does small side jobs at his personal shop so getting them painted right will be no problem.
Sounds good, I mean I don't even see any clear coat worth a shit on them.

I'd still grab them though. Have your buddy spray the spokes matte black and leave the lip polished. That's look great on your car.

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Yea I tried to take pics in a hurry before it got dark plus it's been raining here all day so pic quality is absolute shit lol. I haven't thought about matte black but you're right I know it would look good. I was just gonna go with gloss but I'll have to consider the option.

It's hard to get a good concept of how it will look even with the two wheels on there now thanks to those rubber bands for tires. I'm sure if it had some 285's on the back and the 255's up front it would look a lot better.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Tires can make or break a wheel almost as much as a wheel can make or break a car.

Also, if you're considering a gloss-less black then keep in mind that flat black and satin black are two different finishes. There's a sheen difference between the two.

chris91

Reaction score
The offset should be stamped on the backside of one of the spokes. I think the white looks good on the black honestly.

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
The offset should be stamped on the backside of one of the spokes. I think the white looks good on the black honestly.
I'll check for that today. And as for the color I could probably live with silver but if you saw these in person you'd wanna paint em too. It looks like the painter used a mop and bucket.

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
[MENTION=9338]chris91[/MENTION] I checked the wheels earlier. They are 18x9's & 18x10's. On the inside of the 9's there's a mark stamped that says 'ET 36' and on the 10's it says 'ET 24.' I'm guessing that's the offset? Or am I wrong?

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
I lol'd at that^ also!

Is there any way to tell the manufacturer of these wheels by anything that's stamped on the back of em?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online