Cheebs' Photo Dump Thread

98_tang

Reaction score
6'0 225lbs
How far do you have your seat pushed back? I had to remove the plastic seat track covers so I could get mine to move back farther and I'm 6'1. Still feel pain after a 2 hour drive :/

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
How far do you have your seat pushed back? I had to remove the plastic seat track covers so I could get mine to move back farther and I'm 6'1. Still feel pain after a 2 hour drive :/

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'll have to check for you once I put the seats back in. I don't think I have them all the way but pretty close. I used the Planted brackets so they have some adjustability there as well.

sscobra

Reaction score
[MENTION=21607]cheebs127[/MENTION] do you have info on the brackets for the calipers?

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
cheebs127 do you have info on the brackets for the calipers?

The front calipers are 2015+GT base model calipers. They're paired up with a 14" GT500 rotor from 07-12' I believe. The brackets are custom made and the spindles were modified as well. One of the forum sponsors Fully Torqued Racing sells a gt500 brembo adapter kit that will work with these calipers with a little modification. Their kit requires a 3/4" wheel spacer however. I believe they have a write up in their section about using these calipers with their kit.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Wheel spacer is only needed for certain wheels.

Cheebs did you use 1/8 washers with your brackets or is he finally making the right ones for those calipers? Also, what did you have to customize on the spindles? Ftr said this is all suppose to bolt right up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
Wheel spacer is only needed for certain wheels.

Cheebs did you use 1/8 washers with your brackets or is he finally making the right ones for those calipers? Also, what did you have to customize on the spindles? Ftr said this is all suppose to bolt right up.

My brackets are custom made, not from FTR. My understanding of the FTR gt 500 kit was the 3/4 spacer went behind the rotor or at least was a requirement because it was how they lined up the rotor with the caliper when using their bracket. Could be wrong though

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My brackets are custom made, not from FTR. My understanding of the FTR gt 500 kit was the 3/4 spacer went behind the rotor or at least was a requirement because it was how they lined up the rotor with the caliper when using their bracket. Could be wrong though

Yeah I’ve tried reaching out to Pete and never gotten any responses as I’ve got the same calipers and will be starting in mine soon.

So I’ll see how mine goes. Lol

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Im interested in upgrading my brakes as well. Yall do know i have a machining company...right? Well, ...if i could borrow what ever it is thats made, i could replicate it. This way ive got the brake parts i need and i could make more.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
More photos in this photo dump thread...more photos now!!!