Chemical Guys V7 Hybrid Review

stprorolla49

Reaction score
I ordered a bottle of V7 about 2 weeks ago, and finally got to use it yesterday. I washed the car Friday after work, and yesterday I wanted to touch it up a bit, so I gave it a nice coating of V7. WOW does this stuff go on smooth! It just seeps right into the paint, and really feels like a freshly waxed/sealed finish. It rained last night, and this morning I was greeted to this wonderful bead action. GREAT JOB CG!!

IMG00029-20110523-1255.jpg

OP
OP
stprorolla49

stprorolla49

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
That definatly makes me wet!

HAHA well put Dal!

I'd also like to add, the wax got taken off my car from all the rain and MASS amounts of pollen we've had, so this beading is purely from the V7...it wasn't beading like that 3 days ago when it poured out.

Nacho98

Reaction score
I'm really curious about this, in fact I sent Handz a PM about it just yesterday.

CG pushes it hard in their detailing kit packages, so I got curious. Since it's a spray sealant, I'm wondering if it's a bad move to spray that on top of a car that's got cut/polish/glaze/sealant/wax on it already; I wouldn't want this spray sealant to take away from a fresh job of jetseal 109 and 50/50, so I'm not sure if it's wise to spray it on a car that's already sealed/waxed.

But on the other hand, it seems like it could be the go-to in wintertime when protection is more important, in that you could polish the car as above before winter, but then all winter long after each car wash hit it with some V7 just to maximize protection?

Sinned83

Reaction score
I would think you should be good in layers because it comes in a kit with the Blacklight finish.

Nacho98

Reaction score
I know I should be ok with it, but wouldn't it kind of take away from the results of an expensive/fancy wax?

Kind of like, here's a nice wax, look at that shine, and then spray that over it and all of a sudden the shine you are getting is from the V7, not the fancy wax underneath it...kind of like if you had never put the fancy wax on in the first place in terms of shine?

I'm not sure, I've never been a big user of quick detailers...but I could definitely see the value of a spray sealant in the winter...I may pick up a bottle anyway since my Stang is going to be seeing salt.

Sinned83

Reaction score
nacho start a thread instead of whoring on stprorolla's thread...

Dude it is a quick detailer for touch ups or quick wipe downs its not gonna strip wax and sealant.

Nacho98

Reaction score
Questions about V7 would be no better suited than in a dedicated thread about V7, no?

Not gonna start a thread when we already have one. No need for two V7 threads (there already are two if you count the giveaway thread).

Nacho98

Reaction score
djk83 said:
Dude it is a quick detailer for touch ups or quick wipe downs its not gonna strip wax and sealant.

I realize that, it wasn't my question. I'm just saying, since it's a spray sealant and not just a plain detailer, I have a feeling it could detract from the look of the wax being used under it (you could probably say the same for any detailer, really). My point is, I probably wouldn't want to go over the car with $300 wax, and then spray $12 sealant on top of it since it would take away from the wax--that's more what I'm getting at, but so far nobody seems to know so I'm not going to worry about it.

Carry on, no worries.

OP
OP
stprorolla49

stprorolla49

Reaction score
mygreengt said:
I dont think that it is meant to add depth or anything, its just to add protection.

Correct. The car still shines like crazy from the Pete's '53, it just now has another added layer of protection. Aside from the fact that its a great spray detailer (which I normally hate and don't use) this stuff really did add another layer of protection. It has been raining almost every day for the last 2 weeks so I've payed close attention to the way the water has been beading. After I used the V7, it started beading in smaller droplets again.

I don't care if you guys discuss V7 in my thread, but please don't argue about it. This is supposed to be informative, and a "BIG UP'S" to CG, not a battle of who is more right about the product.

For all those who have it, or are thinking of getting it, prepare to be amazed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online