Chime Module

RyanCess

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to disconnect the chime module that makes the dinging noise when the key is in the ignition?

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Are you doing this to permanently remove it or just temporally? When i bought my 1997, the Speedometer, the interior light, the clock and the door chime all did not work. Long story short it was a simple fuse for the OBD2. After replacing that everything worked fine.

If your working on your car and need the door chime out temporally remove your OBD2 fuse and when your done put it back. If you want it out forever do as ttocs said.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there is a small wire on the ignition that you can remove and disable just the key chime.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I became immune to door chimes years ago while installing. I didn't realize it till I was helping a friend on his stereo and he just kept *****ing and *****ing about the noise I never noticed.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
But how do you do that? When I pull on it it moves maybe a centimeter then stops.

-_- .........

Not the first time ive noticed your selective reading.

TEMP fix still easier then you trying to yank your box out..

Are you doing this to permanently remove it or just temporally? When i bought my 1997, the Speedometer, the interior light, the clock and the door chime all did not work. Long story short it was a simple fuse for the OBD2. After replacing that everything worked fine.

If your working on your car and need the door chime out temporally remove your OBD2 fuse and when your done put it back.

PERM fix still easier then you trying to yank your box out..

I'm pretty sure there is a small wire on the ignition that you can remove and disable just the key chime.

OP
OP
R

RyanCess

Reaction score
I just want to know how to remove the chime module because whenever my key is in the ignition it beeps and its annoying and from all my research removing it it the solution

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
I just want to know how to remove the chime module because whenever my key is in the ignition it beeps and its annoying and from all my research removing it it the solution

Disabling forever is easier with wire cutters. find a wire coming from it and snip!

another temp fix. According to author of this video he says it works with all 90's ford. Possibly 80's but thats irrelevant

[video=youtube;2NK97sZlRBk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NK97sZlRBk[/video]

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yes this will also work on our cars Just be sure to release it prior to shutting it or it makes a pretty goog "THUD" when you do not. It doesn't hurt anything just sounds really really bad....

OP
OP
R

RyanCess

Reaction score
Disabling forever is easier with wire cutters. find a wire coming from it and snip!

another temp fix. According to author of this video he says it works with all 90's ford. Possibly 80's but thats irrelevant

[video=youtube;2NK97sZlRBk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NK97sZlRBk[/video]

Sadly ive tried this and all its done is scare the hell out of me because I couldnt close my door.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Sadly ive tried this and all its done is scare the hell out of me because I couldnt close my door.

Lol, your going to have to pull your door handle EVERYTIME before shutting your door. This opens the latch.

So essentially if you want it gone for good snip the wire....

if you only want it off for when your sitting there in your driveway or wherever with the door open then do the latch trick or pull a fuse from the fuse box. Good luck buddy.

OP
OP
R

RyanCess

Reaction score
Well its not the door thats the problem. It beeps whenever the key is in the ignition. Doesnt matter if the door is closed or not. it beeps while im driving sitting as long as the key is in it beeps

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH. Well your problem is either that one of the two latches, or the wiring in between. If you have the door panel off take a look and just make sure there is a wire connected to it.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Mine does that. About every 20-30 minutes it will start chiming again. I'm just gonna remove it cause I won't have a key ignition anymore anyways!!! :)

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
does the dome light stay on as well? Like I said its probably a bad door trigger that is either just not connected, needs cleaned or replaced. Hell you could try some wd40 on the latches to see if it might clean the contacts and help it work again. At the least it will not hurt anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online