Chip issue

Discussion in 'Electrical & Stereo' started by Z06killinsbf, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Z06killinsbf

Z06killinsbf Active Member

My buddy has a 94 GT, HCI car with an SCT chip custom tuned. It recently started running really bad, seemed like it was running on 6-7 cylinders and had very slow throttle response. The car would fire up fine and then within about 30-45 seconds (closed loop I assume), it would just "blah" out. After much mechanical and electrical troubleshooting (including a new chip, pulled and ohmed the harness and a second computer) I decided just to pull the chip out. Tada!! The car runs about as good as you could expect for a bigger cam and bigger injectors. Put the chip back in, crappy running returns. Chip out it runs great. He tapped the #2 injector signal and you can watch the signal die off with the chip in but it keeps going with the chip out. What could possibly cause this load related issue?

2. evilcw311

evilcw311 Most Evil Mod! Staff Member Staff

How long has he had the chip?!?

Did y'all make sure to look and see if the connector is fully cleaned off?!?

Try scuffing the connector and making sure it's all shiny then put chip back in and test

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

3. Z06killinsbf

Z06killinsbf Active Member

Chip has been in the car a few years from what I know. It started doing it out of the blue.