Choosing a Cam

A_+

Reaction score
I’m sure this is a subject that has been covered a million times but I guess I suck at searching because I keep coming up empty. Anyway, I want to add a cam soon but I’m wondering what I need to consider when choosing a cam. From what I know about this engine is that it’s a stock block that has been rebuilt and and is running twisted wedge heads with what I am assuming are 1.6 rockers and a gt40 intake. What would be a good cam for a daily driver with plans of a power adder in the near future? TIA

nitroponynj

Reaction score
I’m sure this is a subject that has been covered a million times but I guess I suck at searching because I keep coming up empty. Anyway, I want to add a cam soon but I’m wondering what I need to consider when choosing a cam. From what I know about this engine is that it’s a stock block that has been rebuilt and and is running twisted wedge heads with what I am assuming are 1.6 rockers and a gt40 intake. What would be a good cam for a daily driver with plans of a power adder in the near future? TIA
Anderson Ford Motorsport B31 cam, perfect for your combo. I had it and ran great and with the vortech it mad over 450rwhp

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
Ran into a guy last week that said putting a cam in a 95 mustang is sure to turn out disastrous. something about how this model will reject it like everything else and will be impossible to tune [emoji15]

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ran into a guy last week that said putting a cam in a 95 mustang is sure to turn out disastrous. something about how this model will reject it like everything else and will be impossible to tune [emoji15]
I would count on needing a tune after install but there is nothing about it that makes it impossible. Some tuners are not good enough for it or do not bother to learn how but it can be done.

I am running TF heads and their stage 1 cam. Its a good performance boost and also has a nice sound to it.

For tunes DO NOT GO TO BAMA... Best bet is to find a good local dyno.

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
That guy was the only person I’ve ever encountered that said it would be a bad idea. Of course I still want to do it but he did have a point about the tune as I can’t afford to have many drivability issues since it’s my daily, at least i can’t have it down for a long time. That idle surge was killing me for the most part of a year until I fixed it myself with help from a guy on this site. The chip it came with was tuned by bama but eventually I found someone out here that was a competent tuner but regardless of the tune, the car ran better without the chip. I reinstalled it earlier this year and the switch has been on “0” ever since. Idk, it just runs better that way......

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
there is no reason to be afraid of a cam swap. If you have the chip already then the tune is cheaper. If you can find a local dyno there is no reason it will be down at all. When I did mine it ran bad and I tried to cheap out with a bama chip. It still ran really bad but I was able to get it to a dyno and it was great after that.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I put in the b303 cam with heads that were killed to the max which lifted compression a bit and they were heavily ported and worked over. Deleted all emissions and had a chip burnt by a guy who used to be on this site. I had him make a couple small adjustments and my car ran like a scalded dog.

Don’t be afraid of doing a cam in our cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
I’ll probably install these 373’s that have been taking up room in my garage and go with a stage 2 trick flow. I found a tuner that said I can get a lifetime tune for $500 (whatever that is) I just hope that they’re good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.