Chrome Wheels...wax?

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen some wax stuff by poorboy before for your wheels, anyone ever try this? Supposed to help seal them and keep them clean and fresh...anyone? Its not chrome polish more of a wax for your rims.

Seems cool unless its a waste of money? :dancing6:

ForcFed93

Reaction score
I think that would be a waste of money personally. The chrome actually seals the metal in the wheels. Unless is has some chemicals to prevent pitting or something of the sort steer clear. The only wheels that need a treatment like a sealer are polished wheels.

Cobra456hp

Reaction score
I disagree. I think if you can apply wax somewhere, Do it. Wax is of course a repellent, and water will rust your chrome. If the water cant sit in one spot then it cant rust. Correct?

wytstang

Reaction score
I love me Poorboys wheel sealant, it makes cleaning my chrome waffle rims very easy.***Note wax has a melting point of 350 and sealants are slightly higher 470* IIRC. Thats about a few stop signs away to reaching those temps. Wheel sealants are made to withstand the heat generated from stop and go.....well worth it to me cause it makes cleaning the stang faster.

wytstang

Reaction score
Also if you use a wheel cleaner after apply a wheel sealant )or any other paint sealant/carnuba wax) it WILL strip it. All you need is soap and water. Two (or more) will improve effectiveness.

matthiasj50

Reaction score
Poorboy's Wheel Sealant is suppost to be some real good stuff. I use Gold Class wax on my painted waffles, just because they're not that great. But i've heard nothing but good about PB's Wheel Sealant.

ALITL8

Reaction score
Flitz Metal Polish and Fiberglass Restorer... trust me on this one!! its all i use and i detail for a living :)

i think you can still get it at BuyFlitz.com if not try Flitz.com

ALITL8

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
haha flitz I allways see those annoying ads. My chrome is brand new I just want to protect it thats why I was thinkin of that wax.

Flitz protects for up to six months ;D

the commercials may be annoying but that shit works!!! oh yea and you can use it on painted and polished wheels and exhaust tips too. go take a look at the pics of my car in the Members Rides section, i bought those wheels used and those are the factory tips. did i meantion its as easy to use as they say it is? get them to send you a sample and try it at least!! you'll love it and no im not making any money by telling you this, i just believe in it!

ALITL8

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
cool ill ask if they have a sample if it works ill deff get some

if they dont have samples buy the smallest tube... you wont be sorry ;)

OP
OP
Matt94GT

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So its not like ordanary chrome polish eh? this helps keep brakedust off, and makes then so u just spray water give a quick wipe and there shiny as can be? I know that wheel sealer stuff is supposed to do that.

NITROUSINJECTED

Reaction score
you jsut have to trust him matt he knows what he is talking about the man is good at what he does trust me

ALITL8

Reaction score
i'll see if i can round up some pics of wheels we've done with flitz. but yes to your question, thats why i use it... makes cleaning up easier and protects the metal. try it, you'll love it!

OP
OP
Matt94GT

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
haha I trust him its just the commericals look soo goddamn cheezy and I hate the

"ooo FLITZ IT!"
"yeah FLITZ IT!"
"FLITZ IT"

haha Ill give it a shot dude :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online