Classic Mustang suspension knowledge needed

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
I'll try to keep this short and sweet. My dad has a 68 Mustang GT (fastback). It stays garaged and doesn't get driven much, and it has stayed relatively stock since '68 other than a mild build on the 390 big block. Christmas is coming up and I want to get this thing driving better. The front tires are wearing out on the inside and the car is way out of alignment.

I was just wondering if anyone had suggestions for a good front end suspension kit to refresh the front end of the car. Ive been looking around at some kits on CJ pony parts but I want to make sure that crucial parts are replaced first.

Any suggestions?

(Can anyone tag Dalamar or other classic mustang owners?)

Pitbull_SN95

Reaction score
I'll try to keep this short and sweet. My dad has a 68 Mustang GT (fastback). It stays garaged and doesn't get driven much, and it has stayed relatively stock since '68 other than a mild build on the 390 big block. Christmas is coming up and I want to get this thing driving better. The front tires are wearing out on the inside and the car is way out of alignment.

I was just wondering if anyone had suggestions for a good front end suspension kit to refresh the front end of the car. Ive been looking around at some kits on CJ pony parts but I want to make sure that crucial parts are replaced first.

Any suggestions?

(Can anyone tag Dalamar or other classic mustang owners?)

I'm not too happy with CJ pony parts for my 66. Head over to mustangsplus.

Here's the front suspension kit.
http://www.mustangsplus.com/xcart/1967-1973-Mustang-Front-Suspension-Kit-Grab-A-Trak-R.html

spank 141

Reaction score
I had PST products on my 428Cj for almost 20 years and loved it. Mustang plus is very expensive for the same parts you can get at NPD.

www.p-s-t.com

That is where I got my suspension parts from and skip the rubber crap and get their polygraghpite.

I had this kit on my 69 http://www.p-s-t.com/s.nl/it.A/id.625/.f?sc=12

The polygraphpite make for a slightly rougher ride than rubber but it is better for handeling.

Pitbull_SN95

Reaction score
I had PST products on my 428Cj for almost 20 years and loved it. Mustang plus is very expensive for the same parts you can get at NPD.

www.p-s-t.com

That is where I got my suspension parts from and skip the rubber crap and get their polygraghpite.

I had this kit on my 69 http://www.p-s-t.com/s.nl/it.A/id.625/.f?sc=12

The polygraphpite make for a slightly rougher ride than rubber but it is better for handeling.

This is a good kit too. If you have that money to spend, buy this one. It will replace all the steering ball joints too.

OP
OP
BMAC96GT

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'll look into it.

That kit should fix it right up.
We would like pics of 68fb plz. NOW

Horrible quality, but this is all I have right now

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

Latest posts