clay bar?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
you know I would,

or you can bring it over here :dunno: :)

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

im so f***ing pissed off!!! i have to work all day SATURDAY AND SUNDAY! I DONT GET TO CLAYBAR!!! DAMNITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.. i mean DA**IT! sooo soo gay.... next weekend im doing my intake gaskets.. ill never get to claybar! i wanna do it so bad because i am plannin on sending pics into MM&FF!... gay face!!! oh well, ill get er done!.. Jeff, wanna come to Texas?? ^-^

1BAD96SVT

Reaction score
sorry to jack thread but would this be how i do it,

-wash
-dry
-clay bar
-polish
-glaze?- what is this and what does it do
-selant? what is this and what does it do
-wax

Everything would be done by hand ive had bad expierences with buffers.. :(
have been looking at the poor boys clay bar kit,Clearkote Red Moose Glaze,pb polish with selant,pb natty paste wax

Juztang

Reaction score
Wash
Claybar
Polish
Glaze will fill in minor swirls that might be leftover after polishing and will also make your paint look wet. The ClearKote Red Moose glaze has a really wet look to it.
A sealant has polymers that crosslink and actually bond to the paint. Sealants are more durable than a wax and have a bright and reflective look but lack the depth of a carnauba wax. I like to top with a carnauba after a sealant to add more depth,wetness, and even more durability.

The combo that you mentioned will work really well. You could also subsitute the Polish w/Sealant with the Optimum Poli-Seal. This is an all in one poilsh and sealant too but it has a light abrassives to do minor paint correction. This can also be used by hand too.

Another thing that will work great is the Clearkote "Pink Moose" combo, this is the Vanilla Moose and Red Moose mixed together, you get the minor paint correction with the Vanilla Moose and the dripping wet look with the Red Moose all in one step. I like to top this with either Natty's blue or ClearKote Carnauba Wax.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Justin, I'd like to try a bottle of the Pink.

You'll be happy when done 1Bad96 - we'd like to see your before and after pix.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
i dont think you can buy the "pink: jeff. I believe you have to mix it yourself. i dont remember if it is 50/50 or what. check autopia i know it is on there

Juztang

Reaction score
Yes you mix the Vanilla Moose and Red Moose together to make Pink Moose.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, well I think Justang would send me a bottle??
Fine, I'll get both. haha.

or does that polyseal do the trick of that, I still have to try that out.

My stuff arrived btw - Thanks Justang! :banana:

Juztang

Reaction score
No problem bud! Let me know how you like everything.

The Poli Seal is a lot different than the ClearKote glazes. The glazes give a real wet look. I use the Poli-Seal a lot on my customers vehicles, it saves me a lot of time. The Poli-Seal has light corrective abilites,cleans the paint,brings out more reflection, plus adds a layer of sealant all in one step. It also smells good!

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Juztang said:
No problem bud! Let me know how you like everything.

The Poli Seal is a lot different than the ClearKote glazes. The glazes give a real wet look. I use the Poli-Seal a lot on my customers vehicles, it saves me a lot of time. The Poli-Seal has light corrective abilites,cleans the paint,brings out more reflection, plus adds a layer of sealant all in one step. It also smells good!
Sweeeet,
do you just wipe it on by hand?

Juztang

Reaction score
You can put it on by hand or with a polisher. I always put it on with a polisher. If you want to correct light swirls an orange LC pad works great and finishes off nicely too.

1BAD96SVT

Reaction score
Another thing the vanilla moose and red moose, does this come mixed already together of do i have to mix the 2 myself,Also what can i use as a lube so i dont burn the paint when im useing the clay bar, is there a lube i should use or just use warter and soap..

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Juztang,
how do i go about getting a 10% discount when i order? I need to order a few things. Also do you carry the LC pads for the PC 7424?

Juztang

Reaction score
1BAD96SVT said:
Another thing the vanilla moose and red moose, does this come mixed already together of do i have to mix the 2 myself,Also what can i use as a lube so i dont burn the paint when im useing the clay bar, is there a lube i should use or just use warter and soap..
They Red Moose and Vanilla Moose (Pink Moose) actually come in 2 different bottles. You just mix them half and half. You can go to Walmart and get small samples bottles that will work perfect for this.

I like to use the Poorboy's Spray & Wipe for a clay lube. It is a waterless wash and has a lot of lubricants,perfect for the claybar. You can also use car wash solution mixed in a spray bottle for clay lube.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online