Cleaning Injectors

94 DropTop

Reaction score
If i take them off and take the o rings off can i just let them sit in like carb cleaner over night. where can i find new o rings for them? I think they may be kind of clog seeing that i have good compression in my cylinders. This is the only thing I can think off. I have already cleaned my maf. I scanned my car and got a code for the thermoactor(sp?) plugs. I beleve these are the ones in the back of the head that I took off when i deleted my smog system. Thanks for the help. Buying new injectors right now is not really in the budget.

stang94X

Reaction score
if you set the fuel injectors in carb cleaner the only thing it will do is clean the outside of them, fuel injectors are little mechanical devices that open and close when the computer tells them to, you can try the cheap off the shelf way and put cleaner in the gas tank and see if that does anyting, but if they are really bad and clogged they have to be taken apart cleaned and rebuilt

OP
OP

94 DropTop

Reaction score
i have done that. i got the o ring rebuild kits tonight. i think im going to hook them up to a 9volt battery and run injector cleaner to them that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online