Cleaning my exhaust tips?

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
I have side exit tips. When they were brand new, they had a polished finish. When I wash my car I use a stainless steel pad on them. Will they ever get the polished look again? I bought some Nevr-Dull to try on them. My tips are tucked right up against my rockers. How do you get right in there to clean them good? I wondered if y'all might know. Thanks!!

wytstang

Reaction score
Mother Mini Powerball with extention maybe.

G

GREG@SN95

What you need

1. sand paper
2. clean rag
3. wd40
4. chrome/metal polish

- Sand any rust off
- spray on some wd40
- wipe clean
- follow directions on chrome polish

wd40 does a good job of cleaning off all the loose rust and grime...

9psi 98

Reaction score
I've always been a fan of fine steel wool and a paste metal polish. Once it gets to a uniform shine, then you can move onto polishing with a rag and the same polish. I try to avoid using mechanical tools around my paint, all they've ever done is accidently slip and sling polish all over everything. Sometimes a little bit of hard work is the only way to go. That's my 2cents.

G

GREG@SN95

oh yeah... and the mothersballs are complete crap...

they are made out of shitty foam... they fall apart easily... you need to use a drill that spins slow and isn't powerful (what kind of drill is that?) or it will burn up...

Crap crap crap...

I had one, used it on half a wheel, threw the Piece of shit where it belonged... the garbage

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks! I totally forgot I posted this. I have and tried using a mini powerball. It does not fit though! Thanks again!!

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
My knock off dremel spins to fast to polish anything all it does is burn things up! lol but being that the exaust is steel it may work!

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
MustangMatt96GT said:
My knock off dremel spins to fast to polish anything all it does is burn things up! lol but being that the exaust is steel it may work!

i guess the knock off dremels don't have speed adjustments?

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
Naw it does, but even on the slowest setting it seems to burn things right up lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online