Cleaning The IAC

94GT

Reaction score
I've been having some trouble with my car here lately(surging, stalling, rough idle.) I'm gonna try to clean the IAC but i've never done it before. Will I have to take the throttle body off to get the IAC off? I can move the hoses out of the way just enough to get my hand in there to loosen the bolts.

Five-O

Reaction score
No you don't have to take the TB off but it is a bitch getting to those bolts way in the back. just play around with some knuckles and extensions and you should be able to pull it off. Spray some carb cleaner on it and clean off the filter and you're gravy.

If it is easier for you to take the TB off then that is an option too.

QIKGTS

Reaction score
If this is a high mileage throttle body, you will want to remove it so that you can clean the iac passages inside the throttle body. After you remove the valve, take a good look inside the tb and you will see a ton of crap in there. Just cleaning the valve is half ass...

Slow95Cobra

Reaction score
i honestly dont see why anyone just trys to clean the IAC... you cant get all that gunk out off them... so why not just replace it if you take the time to take it off.... just my opinion..

stang4u2nv

Reaction score
Yea slow95cobra not all of us have 100 dollars ready to spend on a valve taht it is in fact still good but just dirty due to its working environment. just my.02

ripper

Reaction score
Ive tried cleaning mine on the 96. That shit was on there like cement. It was only like 40 bux for a new one (dunno bout the 94-95's) So I sprang for the new one. Guys in here told me to watch out what I bought though. There are some cheap knockoffs that suck.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think its stupid just replacing it. Take off your TB its the easiest way, 4 nuts. Then take off your IAC spray some carb cleaner in there for a while if you have any sorta soft brush you can get in there go nuts, let it soak then make sure it air-drys good. also clean your TB where the IAC was attached. after you install it if the car runs A LOT better then save some cash to get a new one because it wont be long untill it starts acting up again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online