cleaning vert top

MR. HIGH CLASS

Reaction score
i just bought a 98 GT vert with a black for and was just woundering what is the best thing to clean the top with?

Scott 96Cobra(rip)

Reaction score
MR. HIGH CLASS said:
i just bought a 98 GT vert with a black for and was just woundering what is the best thing to clean the top with?

Purchase convertible top cleaner. It comes in a package of 2 products - a cleaner in a spray bottle and a protector to use after which in a spray can.

The directions are clear. It works well.

The key is to protect the roof at least twice a year depending on how often you drive it. I hardly drive mine at all and I do it spring and fall.

N

nckissfan

I use the 303 stuff, but have heard good stuff about Ragg Top. Although, I have been unable to get the mildew out of the little ribs of my saddle top. Anyone have any success in getting the build up out of the little ribs? The top was like that when I bought the car, and I have tried several products, to no avail.

Ciotti

Reaction score
Ragg Topp here, but I haven't had to use it yet as the top is only 3 weeks old and is still shiny new ;)

S.O.B.

Reaction score
nckissfan, This might sound harsh, but my daughter brought her 95 vert with a saddle top by last Sunday and it had been sitting in her yard for months and not seeing much sunshine. Her whole top was covered in mildew. I tried a small spot at first and it works great. TILEX mildew cleaner. Sprayed just a small amount and worked it in with my fingers then used a soft bristle brush and wiped excess off. Did the whole top then went back over it with top cleaner and rinsed really well. Looks NEW. Probably wasn't the best idea, but didn't have much to lose as it looked like crap and would have had to be replaced. Good Luck!

Asspire

Reaction score
Im having that same mildew problem.
Do you really think Tilex would be save for a vinyl top. I have tried a lot of different products and the mildew just keeps coming back.
:'(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.