climate control not working??

hotrodd64

Reaction score
I have a 95 gt, i jumped in my car the other day and went to turn on the a/c and air just blows out of the defrost vents, no matter what position i put the control knob on Feet, Vent, Mix, it just blows out of the defrost vent???? any ideas??

OP
OP
H

hotrodd64

Reaction score
ohh. i will try that. it must be above the stereo then. :banana:

OP
OP
H

hotrodd64

Reaction score
I took out my stereo and the yellow hose/wire is connected to the silver canister and to the switch. So thats not it. any more suggestions

thanks ken

wickedcobra

Reaction score
Your vacuum line coming into the car for the A/C is broken. Had the same thing happen to mine. I think its off the vacuum block on the driverside, the line will run across to the passanger side on the fire wall. Its a small one. Like i said, i had the exact problem you have.

OP
OP
H

hotrodd64

Reaction score
thank you i will check that as soon as my car gets back from the shop, i think my clutch/clutchcable went bad, and from what ive read changing the clutch is a PITA...

my other thought was maybe the whole dash switch is bad?? ive read that the 05 mustangs have the same kinda problem, and the dealers replace the whole switch assembly???

but ill check your idea first since youve had the same problem

thank you
ken

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
hotrodd64 said:
thank you i will check that as soon as my car gets back from the shop, i think my clutch/clutchcable went bad, and from what ive read changing the clutch is a PITA...

my other thought was maybe the whole dash switch is bad?? ive read that the 05 mustangs have the same kinda problem, and the dealers replace the whole switch assembly???

but ill check your idea first since youve had the same problem

thank you
ken

Mine has the same problem, it is a vacuum leak. It has to be, I'm going to look under my hood tomorrow for the broken line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online