Clock, seat & fob

PistolGrip

Reaction score
My 1994 5.0 Cobra 5 speed now has 77,000+ miles on it. I've had it for 20+ years and have taken good care of it. I have a few small(?) problems:

1) My clock has died completely and needs to be replaced. Where can I get one? Is it a relatively simple plug-in project once the radio is out?

2) The driver's seat (black leather) is showing some wear & a couple of small slits. I'd like to bring it back to at least as nice as the passenger seat. What's the best/most economical way to do this? What other SN-95 (or other) cars use this same seat? If I locate a good passenger seat from a donor car, can that seat be used on the driver's side of my car?

3)My key fob works everything but the trunk release, so I'm assuming the battery is good. What is the usual culprit (and cure)?...The fob?.....or??

Thanks
Mark

rio_snek

Reaction score
If you're talking about the clock on top of the dash, you can just pry up gently on the front of it and it will pop out. Then it's just unplug yours and plug the new one in. I got a replacement at LKQ. I don't think you can find them new anywhere.

OP
OP
P

PistolGrip

Reaction score
If you're talking about the clock on top of the dash, you can just pry up gently on the front of it and it will pop out. Then it's just unplug yours and plug the new one in. I got a replacement at LKQ. I don't think you can find them new anywhere.
Thanks,
I'll give it a shot. I guess I should try to test my clock wiring when I get the clock off - just to be sure the clock is my problem.

OP
OP
P

PistolGrip

Reaction score
There's also this option

Thanks! It's nice to have a Plan 'B', but after 25 years, I've kinda become accustomed to using it - and I'd prefer to maintain the stock appearance, although...after dropping around $40 on a used one, whose to say that one won't give out in a few months? Decisions....decisions.....After years of practice - and I don't like to brag - but I've become quite good at procrastinating.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99