clutch adjustment

rex-svn

Reaction score
on a t5 how much play should there between the pressure plate and the throw out bearing.

ryclef331

Reaction score
You have an adjustable cable or firewall adjuster right? Put it where it "feels" good. Simple as that. Some people are misinformed that a throwout bearing should be OFF and not touch the pressure plate when your foot is off the clutch. This makes the clutch engage and disengage ENTIRELY too close to the floor and (in my case) did not even disengage entirely. I discussed this with Tony at Astroperformance.com . His exact words were "A throwout bearing is a constant velocity bearing meaning it is MADE to turn all the time." Obviously having so much pressure on it that the clutch slips all the time isn't good. Its really up to whatever "feels" the best. You can get really technical about it and set the "air gap" and all that but the fact of the matter is you're driving a street car. Go by the feel of your leg.

OP
OP
R

rex-svn

Reaction score
cool that answers my question i wasnt sure if the bearing should ride on the pressure plate all the time, but as far as adjustable cable stuff i actually had to use a hydraulic slave cylinder cause the rx7 came stock with hydraulic master cylinder

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online